Anyone Used The Duncan Scorcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Used The Duncan Scorcher

I want to change out the duncan designed SC101 out of my DX1 and was thinking of using the scorcher. I love the SD hotrails but they cost too much. The scorcher is the same thing but a little hotter and made in Korea. I like the Duncan Designed pickups so that is not an issue.

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    I want to change out the duncan designed SC101 out of my DX1 and was thinking of using the scorcher. I love the SD hotrails but they cost too much. The scorcher is the same thing but a little hotter and made in Korea. I like the Duncan Designed pickups so that is not an issue.
    I've used it. I think it's a decent pick-up for the money

I'm not a pick-up expert and I haven't owned a duncan hot rails but tried many and from what I've experienced the scorcher has slightly lower output than the hot rails. It sounds really clean and big but doesn't sound full. It sounds "scooped" if that's the right word and that's what I don't like about it in fact. Though one thing I should add, you probably won't realise that (being scooped) while playing along with a band. Lastly if that makes any sense I've always loved the way the rail pups look
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

the "scorcher"? if it sounds scooped, methinks i'll check it out!
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Try an rsguitarworks pot upgrade kit before you swap out the SC101s you might like what you hear.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          the "scorcher"? if it sounds scooped, methinks i'll check it out!
          Ok there's one more really important thing I forgot to add; I used that scorcher as a neck pup along with a dimebucker. And I already don't like the way neck pups sound, so that scooped sound is really not for me
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Wow, the scorcher is supposed to be the HR with increased output. The HR has very high mids too. Thats weird that you get a scooped sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              Wow, the scorcher is supposed to be the HR with increased output. The HR has very high mids too. Thats weird that you get a scooped sound.
              He's also that crazy guy who likes JBs more than a Tone Zone and thinks that the Tone Zone is also scooped sounding. It's gotta be his amp.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X