KVX10 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KVX10 Problems

I bought a brand new KVX10 (2006 model with trem) back in may. A screw on the locking nut has threaded, Cracks have appeared coming from the neck joint and the trem arm has came so loose the fitting fell off inside the guitar. Anyone else had any problems with this guitar or any other new imports????

Cheers
    Rob

I can't recall seeing any complaint threads on here about the new imports. It sucks that you're having problems with your guitar though. If you think the issues are due to quality problems, whouldn't you be able to get it fixed under warranty?

However, from how it sounds to me, all of those issues could be results of normal wear or uncareful handling (bear with me here). The JT580LP trems aren't the greatest, and they've always been a bit dodgy as far as I know. They are made of poor materials and have a poor fit between the parts - wobbly saddles, trem bar coming loose, etc. It's easy to strip the threads in the locking nut if you keep overtightening the bolts.

As for the neck joint: How big/deep are those cracks? It's very common on bolt-on guitars to see hairline cracks in the paint in that area. I think all of my bolt-ons had cracks like that. Unless it is the wood that is cracking, the guitar should still be fine.

Comment

I suspect that you'd have a hard time getting any of those issues fixed under warranty, not because you abused the guitar (or wear-and-tear), but because they are parts that can be subjected to a great deal of stress. You can bet that there are guys out there who crank on those locking nut screws and trem arms with every ounce of strength they possess, while you might strip the threads with just simple tightening and loosening. It's one of those "guilty until proven innocent" scenarios. I tried to get a locking nut replaced on a 2001 KV2 because there were burrs in the metal, and Jackson wouldn't cover it under warranty because it *might* have been from abuse.

I'm surprised about the trem arm issue though. I thought that the JT580LPs were always fairly solid, although the JT500s found on some of the imports had a lot of problems. Or is the KVX10 using the JT500? The Jackson site doesn't specify.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
        Or is the KVX10 using the JT500? The Jackson site doesn't specify.
        The website states: "Jackson® Licensed Floyd Rose® Low Profile Tremolo"

but the chart in back of the 2006 catalog states "JT500 DLT"

so that first phrase must be code for the 500.

Man, they've really downgraded the X series, huh?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          The website states: "Jackson® Licensed Floyd Rose® Low Profile Tremolo"

but the chart in back of the 2006 catalog states "JT500 DLT"

so that first phrase must be code for the 500.

Man, they've really downgraded the X series, huh?
          i believe its a typo...the new X series come with 580's i believe (the OFR style 580's). it says 500 on the DX10 as well, and mine has a 580 the fitting for the bar came loose too much, so i replaced it with a Schaller piece and it hasnt come loose since i installed it...everything else is solid as a rock. i did strip one screw on the nut, but that was my fault. now i dont use the long part of the allen wrench to tighten them...i use the short part to tighten. less force = less chance to strip, and they dont need to be breaker-bar tight anyways. restrung it the other night...tuned and got the strings tight around the posts, locked the nut, used the bar a good bit, fine tuned, and its been in tune ever since
          My metal band Lucian Scott
          Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
          Available Now!
          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Working...
          X