JTX and DINKY HX questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTX and DINKY HX questions?

Hi newbie here, well sort of. Anyway I have tried the serach feature and it keeps timing out. Looking for any available info on the JTX tele style model. Ill try and get some pics up but i picked one up for next to nothing last week and its in fair shape but sounds amazing, fast neck just an amazing shredding sound.

The other the Dinky HX reverse is the one i used to have and just want to locate another to replace the one i lost. It seems hard to find info on this axe.

Let me know any info is appreciated!

Chris Dombkowski
    USAF Academy CO
    DOD SVYY
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Someone will be with you shortly with catalog scans.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Who called?

Jackson JTX, Page 26:

Dinky Reverse.. maybe page 25 in that same cat.
      Last edited by jackson1; 10-18-2006, 04:49 PM.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Here's my Dinky HX, it was never available as a "reverse" model. It's never been featured in a catalog, and only about 100 were made in '94 (and I bought it brand new around that time, still have it). The cheap stock pickups kinda sucked, but they did come with a push/pull coil tap on the tone pot. I put EMGs in mine, 85/60.

Here's the other one I had but sold.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice

Had that red one thats the one I want to replace, But mine must have been swapped because it definitely had a reverse head on it! Anyway thanks for the info! Whats a decent HX go for now?
          Haters gonna hate

Comment

are you sure it was a HX? How can you tell if the neck had possibly been swapped?

There was also the DR6, which was a stringthrough Dinky Reverse. Here's a scan from the 2000 catalogue: http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...2000Page10.htm
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I am positive

It was identical to the red one but with a reverse headstock. In every fit finish color pickups etc and I have seen a second one with reverse it is located in rochester ny at the House of Guitars. Its a funky color blue though not the same color.

As for the neck it also had the identical dot pattern as the one in the picture above. Not trying to argue just lettin yall know lol. Also had the active electronics i think it was called tone switch would lift?
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

hmmm. interesting. Joe mentioned above that his regular HX has never been listed in the catalogues, so it's possible there was a DR HX that wasn't either?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

The Dinky Reverse had the same offset dot pattern, but were those available without the locking nut?

Could have been a handful of transition models just before going to the DR. The AMIC years were full of experimental runs like that IIRC.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Or it could've had a swapped neck.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, my dinky HX has a regular headstock too.

Comment

Whats the goin rate on an hx these days?

Same with the JTX that i have?
                        Haters gonna hate

Comment

Probably not much. I got my HX brand new after seeing it in a Venneman's Music Emporium catalog, for about $289, I think, or maybe it was $389?? I don't know, it was a long time ago. I guess around that price, maybe a little more, maybe a little less, depends how much you really want to spend on it, if you can find one. Besides Carbuff, I think only one, possibly another board member here found one.
                          The red one another old board member found in a pawn shop in Oklahoma for like $150 or something and gave it to me for the same price. I sold that to someone else here who had it repainted in tie-dye.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                            Also had the active electronics i think it was called tone switch would lift?
                            Not actives. Just a push/pull pot for splitting the humbucker coils into single coil mode.

Comment

JTXs seem to be going up a bit. I got one for $250 or so a while back, then saw another one go for somewhere closer to $350 - AFTER I sold mine
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X