dimarzio in jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimarzio in jacksons?

i have but rarely heard anyone use dimarzio pickups on jacksons. there mostly seems to be duncans and emgs.

is that just me, or why is that? does it sound awful?
    Last edited by evolutionised; 10-21-2006, 10:00 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCw4Es1ARzY
    http://www.soundclick.com/milkmen

I had Dimarzio Evo's in my Charvel Model 3A that I sold last week.

They sounded killer.

A bunch of people on this board have Dimarzios in their guitars.

Oh, and welcome to the forum
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

not a Jackson, but I have a Super 2 & HS-3 in my Model 2.

Phil Collen's Jackson sig model comes equipped with a Super 3 & HS-2 from the factory.

And there are a bunch of Super D/Tonezone/Super 3/X2N fans here.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I have DiMarzio X2Ns in my RX10D and RR3

Comment

dimarzio and jackson= PERFECT!
          i prefer the dimarzio stuff in alder
          here read
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I have DiMarzios in my SL2H (Evo/PAF Pro), and I think they sound much better than the Seymour Duncans it came with (JB/Jazz). I think that since Jacksons generally come with SDs as original equipment, many people stick with them (in contrast to Ibanez guitars, which usually come with DiMarzios). Both companies make quality pickups. I just prefer DiMarzios.

Comment

Tone is subjective and both companbies have their own "signature" on some frequencies!Dimarzio is more "waaaaaaa" and SD is more "wooooo" for my ears.I owned some models from Both company ,and they do very good PU's!
              www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

I've been debating on dropping a super 3 into my SL1, I bought for a project a few months back, but never installed it. I think I may switch mine out then next time I change strings.
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

I have a Super Distortion in my Charvel Model 2 mutt and I have a Super Distortion in the bridge and a Mo' Joe in the neck of my Charvel Model 5.

Alvin
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I've got a Tone Zone in my Charvel Star (with a Duncan Jazz in the neck). The Tone Zone is so much better than the Duncan Custom 5 that was originally in it.
                    I also had an old Warrior MG mutt with an X2N in the bridge and Super 2 in the neck, and an old string-thru Dinky HX that I ripped the crappy import pups out of and put a Tone Zone in the bridge with a Jackson USA J50N in the neck.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh, and I had forgotten that I have an Air Zone and an Air Norton in my Grover Jackson Soloist.
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by evolutionised View Post
                        i have but rarely heard anyone use dimarzio pickups on jacksons. there mostly seems to be duncans and emgs.

is that just me, or why is that? does it sound awful?

Welcome to the forum & nice avatar btw!!
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64
                        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I have a DK2FS Dinky Firestorm and I was thinking about getting a Evolution for the bridge and Vintage Virtual Solo Pro for neck!
                          What do you guys think about that?
                          Also if you know a DiMarzio that would be good in between those two, I could use a little help!

Comment

Fred / Evo all the way, forget anything else.
                            I think emg's take away from the actually tone of the guitar. in my opinion.

Comment

no mean to hijack thread so sorry, but what dimarzio pickup would u recommend for a hot output. sound similar to a sort of dimebag darrell sort of crunch and lead?

Comment

Working...
                              X