Professional Rhoads and/or King V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Rhoads and/or King V?

Can anyone describe the early '90's Professional series (neck-thru) Rhoads and King V? Are they good quality like say the Model 6's and 650/750 XL's were? How would you compare them to the USA ones?

BTW, I bought a KV4 a couple years ago and was very disappointed. THey looked great from a distance, but were poor quality. Example: Ugly mother-of-toilet seat inlays. I was used to the awesome quality of the import neck-thru Charvels I own/owned.

Thanks for any help.

i dunno, but they need to bring the KV back and a Pro series Kelly too...

Kelly

:drool:
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

They are excellent, with top of the line features. Do a search here for Rhoads PRO or King V Pro and you will find out they were comparable in every way to USA Jacksons, so much so that they started cannibalizing sales and were de-contented around 1995. That's why you were disappointed with your 2000 era KV4.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Short version: The early 90 Pro's are simply killer.
        Long version: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/JacksonRhoadsInfo.htm
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
          Short version: The early 90 Pro's are simply killer.
          Long version: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/JacksonRhoadsInfo.htm
          THnaks for the reply. THat audiozone article is what caused me to post here. I am sort of looking for a second opinion.

Comment

Ohhhh, how insulting! jackson1 is one of the most knowledgeable guys around here....and, uh, so am I

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Ohhhh, how insulting! jackson1 is one of the most knowledgeable guys around here....and, uh, so am I
              What I mean to say was I stumbled onto that audiozone artcle stating the good quality of the Pro series, so my initial post here was looking for a second (and third, forth, so on) opinion. I did not mean to insult you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Danacus View Post
                THnaks for the reply. THat audiozone article is what caused me to post here. I am sort of looking for a second opinion.
                you are replying to the author of that audiozone article
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Danacus View Post
                  What I mean to say was I stumbled onto that audiozone artcle stating the good quality of the Pro series, so my initial post here was looking for a second (and third, forth, so on) opinion. I did not mean to insult you guys.
                  OK, well, did you try the search function yet? There are many threads praising the PROs.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    you are replying to the author of that audiozone article
                    Oh, I get it, Jackson1 is the audiozone dude. Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      OK, well, did you try the search function yet? There are many threads praising the PROs.
                      Actually I did twice; once before I posted this and once after you suggested it. For some reason, I don't come up with anything. Last time I new sceen came up, but it was completly blank?

Comment

OK, stand back!

Let me try...

Comment

Here's a long old thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52405

A short one with Newc's take on a Rhoads PRO:

Comment

Thanks man. Appreciated.

Comment

No prob, slob!

BTW I used the keywords Professional and quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X