What is my DKMG worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my DKMG worth?

I have a Cobalt Blue DKMG dinky that I want to sell and I don't know what a reasonable price to sell it for would be. It has a JT580LP trem, and EMG-HZ pickups with a TurboCharger. I bought it brand new for $700 in late 2004. It probably needs a fret level, becuase a lot of the notes on the 12th fret are choking as well as some notes on other frets. And last but not least, it has a few minor scratches on the backside. Otherwise, it's in very good condition. So what's it worth?
    Last edited by guitarman13; 10-23-2006, 08:30 PM.

I would say between $250 and $350. I think the HZs really kill the value on these. Most people figure that they will replace them right off. I feel for you as I have a cobalt blue DKMGT that I figure only has a similar value.

Comment

Anyone else have any input?

Comment

Not until you thank Carbuff...
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

thank you carbuff! lol

Comment

I concur with Carbuff!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm guessing that everyone else agrees?

Comment

Noone will answer until you thank Ron! Should be easy to realise
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                  I would say between $250 and $350. I think the HZs really kill the value on these. Most people figure that they will replace them right off. I feel for you as I have a cobalt blue DKMGT that I figure only has a similar value.
                  I'd say you're right on the price guess. There's a DKMG someone's been trying to sell on craigslist for about 3 months here, he's asking $450 ... nobody's buying.

I think people are unfairly harsh on the HZ pickups though. I wonder how much of the negativity is really just hear-say.

-a

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                    Noone will answer until you thank Ron! Should be easy to realise
                    Why thank you Ron!

Comment

I guess the thing people have against HZs is they aren't like 81/85s, which are active, and people try to compare them. The other thing is to that many people look down as them as "budget" EMG's, as they tend to be featured on cheaper guitars, with nicer ones getting 81/85s (ESP/Ltd being especially guilty of this.) I think there good pickups, though I'd rather have Seymour-Duncans or Gibson USA pickups. Or better yet 81/85s :P. Still sounds like a good guitar though.

Comment

if it makes ya feel better, i'm still using my 2004/5 WRMG which has the passives and turbocharger. in all this time, i've never switched to actives because i've never felt the need to. think of it this way too: when i bought mine late '05, i paid 600 quid. the '06 MG's (pre-installed 81/85) cost the same.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          I guess the thing people have against HZs is they aren't like 81/85s, which are active, and people try to compare them. The other thing is to that many people look down as them as "budget" EMG's, as they tend to be featured on cheaper guitars, with nicer ones getting 81/85s (ESP/Ltd being especially guilty of this.) I think there good pickups, though I'd rather have Seymour-Duncans or Gibson USA pickups. Or better yet 81/85s :P. Still sounds like a good guitar though.
                          I will take an HZ over a Duncan Designed any day.

Comment

I will take an HZ over a Duncan Designed any day.
                            I am the opposite. 5 way switch and almost no tone change with the HZs. Love the designed distortion.

Comment

okay, i was going to post a similar thread. i have a DKMGT, bought it a year ago, put in an 81 and 85, and was looking for something new, what do you think that will be worth. transred flame, just about mint condition. i am hoping that the 81/85 will bring up the value of the guitar

Comment

Working...
                              X