Grover Jackson Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
    However, if in fact this trem does have the steel inserts, shouldn't it then be called a Floyd Rose II?
    Whatever! Just be happy if them steel inserts are there

Originally posted by QuantumRider
    Either way, I plan to play this guitar, not stare at it..
    Then what are you doing, hanging out in the chat room all day?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Danacus View Post
      That's too bad. So the inlay on the Stars Soloist is real MOP? Those Stars seem really nice; too bad you get f'ed on the shipping from Japan.

The inlays and the headstock logo on my Jackson Stars are real, shiny, and lustrous MOP.

You can check it out here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55397

I helped a guy order a Jackson Stars from a shop in Japan, and when we were going through the itemized bill, I noticed that the shop had charged almost twice the actual shipping fee. I'm guessing that maybe that's one way they make it "worth the hassle" for an international sale...

Henrik-

Well... Uh... You know, I was letting the neck settle with its added tension, because I had tuned the guitar up a whole step...

Yeah, that's the ticket
      Last edited by QuantumRider; 10-25-2006, 09:55 AM.
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
        The inlays and the headstock logo on my Jackson Stars are real, shiny, and lustrous MOP.

You can check it out here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55397

I helped a guy order a Jackson Stars from a shop in Japan, and when we were going through the itemized bill, I noticed that the shop had charged almost twice the actual shipping fee. I'm guessing that maybe that's one way they make it "worth the hassle" for an international sale...
        Wow, that flamed Jackson Stars is gorgeous. Looks top quality. I bought several set-neck ESP customer Explorers from Japan. I usually got charged like $125 for shipping, but recently a shop tried to charge me $200.

Comment

Schaller stamped floyd is called Schaller S-FRT-II .

Comment

Good info and to add more good info: don't order a Schaller Tremolo, it doesn't fit the route on a Soloist:

Btw. Naz, here's Schaller's official model designations: http://www.schaller-guitarparts.de/1223.htm
            Last edited by jackson1; 10-25-2006, 11:15 AM.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Very cool guitar, Atsushi!
              I think the most important thing is that it has binding... rosewood board and pearloid inlays are ok for a "budget" guitar in my book, but binding really makes a difference (see SL3 for comparison).

BTW I paid around 120 EUR for shipping of my Jackson Stars Rhoads, which also has very beautiful MOP inlays and logo!
              See thread here:
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Danascus-

$200 is fairly excessive, if the guitar is being shipped to the US from Japan. $125 sounds about right, depending on the size and weight of the hard case that the guitar is shipped in.

Shadowcat-

Street price for an SL3 is just about $1000 (at least here in Japan)...
                You must make a lot more money than I do, if you can call that a "budget" guitar

Glad to hear you're still digging your Trans Green RR
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

uh, you are right... now my post doesn't even make sense to myself anymore.

I guess what I wanted to say is:
                  The Grover Jackson and the SL3 are downgraded compared to a J1 Soloist or a USA SL1... but the Grover Jackson looks alot better because of the binding.

How much is "budget" anyways?
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                    Very cool guitar, Atsushi!
                    I think the most important thing is that it has binding... rosewood board and pearloid inlays are ok for a "budget" guitar in my book, but binding really makes a difference (see SL3 for comparison).

BTW I paid around 120 EUR for shipping of my Jackson Stars Rhoads, which also has very beautiful MOP inlays and logo!
                    See thread here:
                    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59266
                    Scream Bloody Gore...that Stars RR is awesome. I want one.

Comment

I guess what I wanted to say is:
                      The Grover Jackson and the SL3 are downgraded compared to a J1 Soloist or a USA SL1... but the Grover Jackson looks alot better because of the binding.
                      Actually, Grover Jackson was the brand name that Chushin-Gakki used before adopting the name Jackson Stars. So it's not necessarily a "downgraded" model. With the rosewood board, though, I'm going to assume that it's equivalent to Jackson Stars' present J2 line.

How much is "budget" anyways?
                      That depends on how much disposable income you've got, doesn' it?

I would consider $200 or less as good deal on a decent guitar. A lot of used Charvel Model series pop up in the $200-$400 range here, and sometimes you can find them even cheaper

Comment

Working...
                      X