Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can you guys tell me about this RR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A guy walked into my shop with it and asked for $400 I was busy on the phone and had customers in the store so I didnt have time to really look at it but I could tell it was nice being neckthru and all. I didnt realize what it was obviously but knew that it was fairly uncommon. So I took a chance and gave it to him on the spot. He said that it was his friends or something and he died so he ended up with his guitar but didnt play, he was keeping it for sentimental reasons but was moving and didnt want to take it with him. And that was that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      Then I guess my MIJ Kelly Pro for $199 with original case was a good deal?

Or is it just the Rhoads that are worth more?
      You're comparing different lines. Yours is a Kelly XL, which is a bolt on, but still part of the Professional series. The Rhoads we are discussing is a PRO...top of the line neckthrough...do not get confused, grasshopper

But yeah $199 is a good deal for an XL.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have two of those (one belonged to Tommy Victor of Prong). They are some of the best guitars I have ever had! Keep it.

D

Comment

huh

Dude that one wouldnt happen to be white would it?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            You're comparing different lines. Yours is a Kelly XL, which is a bolt on, but still part of the Professional series. The Rhoads we are discussing is a PRO...top of the line neckthrough...do not get confused, grasshopper
            Good catch, Ron. I thought he was talking Pro models, so my comment reflected that.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I suggest we all capitalize it as "PRO" (like the font in the 90-91 catalog) when we talk about the upper end models. I think that would help dispel some confusion. And no more adding "Pro" to model names, like Spivonius does.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh no, one more rule to bash the newbies with
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

So now that I am more confused. The XL's are not as good as the DK1's its just the neck thru PRO's that are as good as the US?

Comment

Working...
                  X