uk retailer buying habits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uk retailer buying habits

wtf? i asked my local retailer why is that they keep stocking the naff js series (and i mean lots, they just keep appearing), they tell me any jackson import worth the money (pro and upwards) always has to be a special order, otherwise wait and see.

what is it that turns retailers off buying in decent guitars? i don't know about the rest of you, but i like to walk into a shop, try the guitar(s) out to make sure it's right for me, then slam my money on the counter and take the frikkin guitar home. none of this mail order "allow 'x' days delivery by mr.ooo-a-guitar-i'll-THROW-it-to-the-back-of-the-van" bollox.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Apparently most of the dealers in Europe suck bad. The only Turkish Jackson dealer lists a Dxmg as 34" guitar and can't differentiate between a RR1 and RR5 (which are both listed 2500euros, nearly 3200$!) Go figure

Sometimes they have a decent import in stock which is not sold for months and has hundreds of hours of playtime on it...
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I know how you feel Wilkinsi.. There's two guitar shops in my town. One has many great, really good but expensive-as-hell guitars, and some fairly cheap to, but no crap it seems like. The other sells complete crap guitars, most of the stuff is made in Korea, anyways generally really cheap guitars. Never seen a Charvel or jackson guitar there.. Anyway, I stay away from that place. The people working there don't really have a good idea of what a good guitar should be anyway.
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

The reason they don't get more expoensive models in is because they will be hard to sell. Jackson doesn't seem to have the same selling power as Ibanez/ESP/Bc Rich. Especially in Europe.
        Also shops are businesses. In Ireland all the shops seem to stock are cheap copies of the more famous guitars and the cheapest series of recognisable companies. Thats because more people buy these guitars. Most people who get a guitar probably don't buy another one so they only get a cheap starter model.
        It plain sucks because I can't try out any nice guitars because shops don't stock them at all. I've talked to guys who run these music shops and they say they can order me in a guitar if I want it and they can get it for me in a few days/weeks. Thats why I don't buy from my local shops. They charge me through the nose to get a guitar ordered when I can use the net and pick it up cheaper somewhere else.

Comment

Demeyes; you nailed it there!
          I see a lot of good beginner guitars.. But when you want to advance to something better/more expensive you won't find much.. I'm really lucky we've got one good guitar shop here, I don't know what I'd do if it wasn't for them. Great guys who listen to the customer and don't care about how many guitars they sell in the shortest time! Every guitar shop should be like that.
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

My local shop, 5 mins walk away, has brand new old 90's Pros in there still, stupidly expensive though.
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

just been to birmingham today. i was hoping to find some guitar shops. well? where the fuck are they?! .. um, sorry, i'm a bit drunk now... ............. (temporary "episode"!).
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If a guitar is 400 bucks in US, they sell it for say 300 quid here.
                If a guitar is 1600 bucks and you order it (as they don't have it), they'll charge you 1400 quid. Nobody buys them at that range , so the retailers don't bother stocking them.
                I buy my guitars when I go over to US and save a lot of money.

Comment

I feel all your pain! Even second hand SL1/2/RRs got for atleast 700 on ebay, which isnt too unreasonable raelyl but thats like $1400 and no american would pay that kind of price for a used USA model.
                  Like ilbinaconero said the way forward is too buy from abroad, just need to grow some balls and do it I suppose. Still worried about getting well over taxed or somthing, or even not ever recieving it! hard enough chasing shops in the UK let alone in he states
                  If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Buying abroad is really the only way to go.Thats true. I got my Sl3 and SL2 from the states. I'm not even sure if I could get them in many shops here. It is a little extra hassle in buying abroad but the money you save makes it worth it. Also the is way more options when you buy from the US.

Comment

I bought my JEM 777SK from texas via ebay, and evaded high import taxes, there are ways and means if you grow the balls..

Comment

Working...
                      X