No announcement yet.

who here has RRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I traded my RR1 to get my KV2, The only real neck feel difference I could remember my RR1 had from my RR5 is that binding and the finish on the RR1 just made the neck feel not exactly fatter, but maybe the finish is a little thicker.......minimal. Of course binding alone changes the feel, so it may just be that.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
      He asked what's the difference between RR1 and RR5 neck...and you said that you're getting a RR3 soon.
      I regret it deeply...
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I have 2 RR's

Comment

Originally posted by GTarman68 View Post
          I have 2 RR's
          Nice, but neither are an RR1 or RR5.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I owned an RR5, and now own an RR1T, and the neck on the RR1T definitely feels beefier to me.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Who gives a fuck?
              I used to know someone who was thinking of buying one......

Comment

ive got both and i would say the rr1 i have has a fatter neck but they both feel comfortable to me.
                dk-1 pile of skulls
                dk-2m white
                dkmg- black forest
                rr-1 black w/gold pins
                charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
                p.o.s. randall halfstack
                peavey 5150

Comment

Who gives a fuck?
                  No. It's just that his post didn't contribute anything useful to this thread...it was offtopic.
                  He asked what's the difference between RR1 and RR5 neck...and you said that you're getting a RR3 soon.
                  Well it seems none of your posts really contributed anything either Back on topic I've played RR5's several times, and while I have yet to play an RR1 I find that it isnt very much different from my RR3 so i would assume that they would prbably be very similar to the RR1 as well.

Comment

According to the specs in the latest catalog, the necks of the RR1 and RR5 are the same.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a Kenmore microwave.

Comment

u want it.. u can have it!
                        äss howl

Comment

San Dimas era Rhoads generally have the Les Paul rounded '59 neck, chunky and full. By the late 80's they got a lot slimmer, and most were using the tall/skinny frets like Randy. That gives a different feel. By the spring of 1990, with the addition of the USA Production line, the necks got even slimmer. That profile is ultra fast and comfortable. In 1994, when Jackson USA began using Lawrence pickups, the necks got a little bit chunkier. And in 1996, when Jackson USA came stock with geniune Floyds (as opposed to the Schaller) the neck slimmed a little. Regardless, the necks are great, easy to play, etc. If you don't like the big baseball bat necks, just stay clear of most SD era Rhoads.
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                          X