X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi -

Here is the guitar in question:
    http://www.guitartrader.com/itempg.i...=5&numitems=18

Based on the pics, is this MIJ or not? The trem looks like the JT500 buti may be mistaken....

Jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Judging by the pictures, the one showing the neck heel.....looks like one of those "Made in Japan" stickers on it, doesn't it? I think the ones made in India had some markings on the haedstock on back, right? I might be wrong though.
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
        I'd take that $300 and put it on a Charvel Model series on eBay...that's what I would do.

AGREE....AGREE......AGREE..... I have 2 older Japanese Charvels, a Model 2 and a model 375....Both Awesome, both cheap!!! Under $300 each. There are some great bargains out there. Try to find one, you won't be disapointed!
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

Actually for a little more get the HRF DK2 with a buncha free stuff:

http://www.guitartrader.com/itempg.i...23&numitems=31
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Actually for a little more get the HRF DK2 with a buncha free stuff:

http://www.guitartrader.com/itempg.i...23&numitems=31

Don't like the middle single coil - gets in the way....

jeff
            Kiesel Aries
            Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Just take it out then.

Comment

Or lower it all the way down, that's what I did with my DK2 when I had it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's a 580 trem, with the locking screws at an angle behind the saddles. I've never had a problem with the 580, but I've seen a lot of brand new guitars with very messed-up 500s.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                    Judging by the pictures, the one showing the neck heel.....looks like one of those "Made in Japan" stickers on it, doesn't it?
                    You are correct. The pictured axe is MIJ. Only problem now...is making sure the ACTUAL guitar is the same!

Comment

Played a DX10D a few weeks ago. Nice guitar for the price. The one I tried was Amber Sunburst. Very nice looking with the chrome hardware. I also liked a lot the reverse headstock.
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        It's the 500. Low end trem.

(590 is a high end trem)
                        well, the trem was replaced...it didnt work right when he got it and his buddy had parts lying around and they made a hybrid bridge...the baseplate is different than the 500 that came on the DX10 at that time (its black instead of chrome like his saddles). so i believe its a 590 plate with the 500 saddles and stuff LOL hes abused it for quite a few years and it still works perfectly, so i cant fault it LOL
                        My metal band Lucian Scott
                        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                        Available Now!
                        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I have yet to find a truly shitty X series. I just set up one that was absolutely misused. After I got tension right on the bridge it played like a dream.

Comment

Thanks everyone -

Gonna try one out and compare it with a dk2m. Then go from there. The dk2m is probably worlds ahead of the dx10d but the price is almost doubled for the dk2m as well....

jeff
                            Kiesel Aries
                            Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
                              ...The dk2m is probably worlds ahead of the dx10d....
                              I played both and surprisingly, I would not say that the DK2M is worlds apart from the DX10D.

Both are good contenders. The DK2M has real Duncans and black bindings...

To my taste, I prefer the look of the reverse headstock and the rosewood fretboard. And the Duncan Designed were not that bad to my ears.

My best advice, if you can find both, give them a good try before buying. You may also have a look at the DKMG at the same time. Another good contender.
                              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                                I played both and surprisingly, I would not say that the DK2M is worlds apart from the DX10D.

Both are good contenders. The DK2M has real Duncans and black bindings...

To my taste, I prefer the look of the reverse headstock and the rosewood fretboard. And the Duncan Designed were not that bad to my ears.

My best advice, if you can find both, give them a good try before buying. You may also have a look at the DKMG at the same time. Another good contender.
                                Yep - that's my plan for saturday. The local (is 30 minute drive considered local?) GC has both and the dkmg i think.....gonna see what happens. I don't care about the pickups in the dx10d, i would swap them anyways.

jeff
                                Kiesel Aries
                                Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Working...
                                X