Fretboard ding on new K. Bond rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fretboard ding on new K. Bond rhoads

> I'd have to see it for myself and look at it thru a jewelers loupe to see exactly what kind of imperfection it is to give a better assessment. If that truly is a dent,and the wood down inside it is still intact and just "packed" down,I could fix that with a small piece of t-shirt material and a soldering iron more than likely,but if it's a gouge,where the wood is gone,like if someone got fumble-fingered with the tang of a fret file,then filling the dent with either ebony dust and super glue,black super glue or black epoxy is the only way to fix it. Even then,any kind of patch/filler applied to the hole will eventually be visible or felt,because the wood is still going to move some. It's also possible that this was an imperfection that didn't surface until the board was shaped and final-sanded before fretting. If that was the case,they simply will NOT change it unless this was a USA or CS before it left the shop. I fix dents on pool cue shafts all the time,and have seen worse imperfections/damage on those,but I can see your concern. Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

It's a brand new guitar. Why should you have to "fix" it? If you don't think it's a big deal, I think that's fine. But you shouldn't have to fill it in with something. Look at it this way, chances are anything you do to "fix" it would actually decrease its value.

Comment

Seems we are making a mountain out of a mole hill here. That little ding will be long forgotten once he gets his first real honkin' paint chip on the wing tips.:ROTF:
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
          Seems we are making a mountain out of a mole hill here. That little ding will be long forgotten once he gets his first real honkin' paint chip on the wing tips.:ROTF:
          Good point!! (Pun intended I think):ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
            Good point!! (Pun intended I think):ROTF:
            :ROTF:
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

yeah he will! luckily i never went through this phase with my RR it came from ups with a F*CKING big chip out of the upper wing tip so now its no big deal if it gets slammed into something

Comment

ha ha true...well i called Matt, he spoke to Fender and they offered me a good discount so all is well.

thanks for the comments guys

Comment

Working...
                X