Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on fixing up an old import... (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish they would or take it out in trade on the cool shit they have in there.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Great looking guitar. I wouldn't bother messing with the neck. As for the HZ's, I have them and I like them. As for refinishing, I have used a laquer spray before but that can go on too thick and easily goop up and then you have to be prepared to wet sand. I have a Schaller system on my Fender HM and I love it but as I have been told, they don't make them anymore so if you have any issues it is about impossible to get parts for. I have never had a FR system break though so I don't know how common an issue that is. Regardless, great looking guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidhouse View Post
        I have a Schaller system on my Fender HM and I love it but as I have been told, they don't make them anymore so if you have any issues it is about impossible to get parts for.
        Don't know where you got that information from, but Schaller is still making their own trems. Schaller also makes the Original Floyd in the same factory.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Schaller still makes the JT-590? I had no idea. I thought they only made their almost identical version of the Floyd Rose Original.

Comment

Was this actually finished with motor oil and coffee grounds? Sorry for taking the bait but I never heard of such a thing. Could it be true?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
              Schaller still makes the JT-590? I had no idea. I thought they only made their almost identical version of the Floyd Rose Original.
              I don't think you can get the J/C logoed JT-590 any longer, but it's the exact same thing as the Schaller version anyway. There's also the Floyd Rose II which is pretty much the same as the Schaller, but I'm not sure if they're still making that one for Floyd, as it's no longer on the www.floydrose.com site.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the Schaller link. Can't see the back of the trem. Wondering if they are using the same short screws with the thick ends like a JT-590, instead of the long shoulder hex bolts on an OFR. For some reason I thought Schaller made both types of trems once upon a time. Either that or I am thinking of a Kahler Steeler which is a pretty close OFR copy.

Comment

Was this actually finished with motor oil and coffee grounds? Sorry for taking the bait but I never heard of such a thing. Could it be true?
                  That is very possible, but there's no way you'll get clear to stick to it now. I actually like it just the way it is.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks for the Schaller link. Can't see the back of the trem. Wondering if they are using the same short screws with the thick ends like a JT-590, instead of the long shoulder hex bolts on an OFR.
                    The Schaller Floyd still has the short stubby bolts.
                    For some reason I thought Schaller made both types of trems once upon a time. Either that or I am thinking of a Kahler Steeler which is a pretty close OFR copy.
                    Schaller makes both their own Floyd version and the OFR.

Comment

just get a clear base and stir in some coffee grounds and oil filter and you go some "red neck" red brown i like the color a lot BTW that was an assumption
                      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                      X