X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTX arrives!

Film at 11:00!

:ROTF:

Excellent guitar. The topcoat appears to have ggreen/blue sparkles in it, which is nice. Dunno if it came that way or if someone misted it with some color-shifting paint, but it doesn't detract from the finish.

H-S, 3-way blade, 1V, and a mini-toggle - most likely for splitting the hum.

That last pic came out great (back shot) - I WISH the color was that rich, but it's pretty dark. You can see it up close but a shade lighter and Budman woulda been fighting me for it

The bridge is a bit odd - looks like a current JT580LP but instead of the blocks locking in front of the fine tuners, they go under them like an OFR. Would this be the JT580(non-LP)?

Anyhoo, the fretboad appears to have some figure to it, which my other two JTX necks do not.

Most likely going to slap an OFR on it and see what she's made of.

Thanks to JCF Junior Member Coloradoman for this one (Ebay deal - didn't know it was him till I posted the original thread here )
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Congrats Matt and yes that should be Jt-580. LP stands for low profile, and with those type of string locking screws (going directly under fine tuners) that's not a low profile

I like the neck on that one, but needs black hardware imo!
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I like these guitars a lot.. specially the maple neck does it for me

+1 on the black hardware.. (or gold would be great.. purple, pearloid pickguard, gold hardware.. cool combination)
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

question is newc, how long will it be before you hack it up? :ROTF:
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Glad your happy with it. Trust me i have a revolving door of guitars on ebay, so im sure ill have something else youll like sometime. Enjoy it happy hacking; it is one of the better sounding stock guitars I have played. But just as my sig says i flip em so i can constantly have new toys to play with.
          Haters gonna hate
          Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Well, finally got around to setting it up. I put an OFR on it and a Jackson Special 5-Way switch, and wired it for Bridge; Split Bridge; Bridge+Neck; Split Bridge+Neck; Neck and it gets some sweet Strat/Tele tones.

The bridge pickup sticker says LP-H 10.8, but the single doesn't have one. Most likely it's a J100. I put a new 250K pot on it and disconnected the mini-toggle. Looked like it was wired for Series/Parallel switching.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              That last pic came out great (back shot) - I WISH the color was that rich, but it's pretty dark. You can see it up close but a shade lighter and Budman woulda been fighting me for it

very cool score Matt -
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Glad all is well NEWC

Was worried when the wife shipped it out with that problem with the pot!! But glad it all worked out in the end.

Budman love the signature line hadnt heard that bit in a while made me laugh!

A few more in the works for me right now but the 2 new potentials would be spending some time in my stable for a bit. Cant get rid of em all so fast. Reminds me I really need to update my sig!

Main reason i been turning em over is im building a mutt for myself actually a tripped out strat, and ive wanted to do this as cheaply and effectively as possible. Ill be sure to post some pics when that ones done! Should be nice. Then I can finish the other project Jackson that I have and the SG eventually. lol:ROTF: Had that one 7 years now lol

All of you Rock and thanks for providing such a great resource!
                Haters gonna hate
                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

x
                  Last edited by j4vice; 12-02-2007, 09:59 PM.
                  JvicE

Comment

You can link to your pics... there's a tutorial in one of the stickies.
                    -Rick

Comment

I think the Halford axe will kick that sissy purple guitar's ass, or make love to it

Comment

oooOOOooo
                        Last edited by j4vice; 08-07-2009, 03:21 AM.
                        JvicE

Comment

woah nice collection
                          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Thats sweet mate.

Comment

Check-out the red one. It's got 666 in the wood-grain!
                              It is 100% stock except for a red q-part vol. knob
                              Last edited by j4vice; 07-17-2007, 06:27 AM.
                              JvicE

Comment

Working...
                              X