serial no.'s on 2005/2006 dxmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serial no.'s on 2005/2006 dxmg

yes i know this is boring subject, but the search function didn't bring up what i was looking for. i want to avoid the 2006 basswood bodied version, so what should the serial no. range be for the alder bodied version?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I don`t want to open another thred for this...
    How do I know from the serial number that the
    guitar is really a 2006 model??(I`m getting a RR-3)
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

There is no sure-fire way of knowing production date from the import bolt-on serials.

Ron has been known to give ballpark guestimates of the production date based on import serials, but that's because he has collected a lot of info on them, so he has something to reference them against. And while he may be able to give you an educated guess of what to expect, he probably can't (yet) tell you where the "magic line" between "2005" and "2006" models goes.

When enough people have bought 2005/2006 guitars and reported what serial/features they have, then we may start to see where that line is - but I suspect that there would still be individual guitars that "slipped through the cracks", and whose serials would defy all logic.

I can see where it would be a problem regarding the bodywood of the X-series. You would probably have to play the guitar to be sure.

About the RR-3, it's easy enough to tell the model year in advance from the visual features: Does the guitar have black hardware? Then it's a 2006 model.

Comment

I thought about the black hardware already but, to be sure I wanted
        to know if there is any certain thing about the serials...

Thank you anyway
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

ditto. i thought there might be a list of serial no.'s dictating which were basswood and alder. i'll have to play guinea pig on payday.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Me too
            btw:
            When will you get it?..

I`ll get mine this week...
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

end nov/early dec.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
              X