Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 trade-in value?

Hi –

I recently picked up (within 2 weeks) a brand new DK2 in trans red. Now I like the guitar but I would prefer a maple fingerboard. After asking around for a replacement neck, it would cost me at least $300 for this. I’m thinking now of just picking up a DK2M, so I was wondering what kind of trade-in value my dk2 would have at GC or sam ash?

Thanks,

Jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Take it to GC or Sam Ash and find out.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You'd probably do better selling it outright.

Comment

Chances are theyre probably only gonna give you around $200 for it. The problem with GC/SA is that they wont usually give you more for a used guitar than they pay for it. IIRC, they pay WELL under $300 each for them, so it really doesent pay for you. Id sell it on ebay then put that money towards a DK2M.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          Chances are theyre probably only gonna give you around $200 for it. The problem with GC/SA is that they wont usually give you more for a used guitar than they pay for it. IIRC, they pay WELL under $300 each for them, so it really doesent pay for you. Id sell it on ebay then put that money towards a DK2M.
          +1
          They're going to give you as little as possible for it.
          They'll give you $200 in credit towards an already overpriced guitar and then turn around and list your used one for $400.
          -Rick

Comment

Working...
          X