DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX

what is the difference between the DXMG and DX10 ? i bought a used DX10fs casue i loved the way it played and has a sweet transparent finish. i was planing on taking out the DD pickups and putting in emgs or maybe a prs tremonti. Is this a good idea or would my money be better spent on a DKMG or something similar with already upgaded hardware.

thanks

Dxmg has binding around the neck & headstock with black hardware. New dxmg's have basswood bodies, pre-2006 ones have alder bodies. Dx10ds have always beeen basswood I guess
    Last edited by NextInLine; 11-21-2006, 01:00 PM.
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

prior to 2006, the dx10d and dx10dfs had alder bodies. both the dx10d and dxmg have basswood bodies after namm 2006.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

cool. i bought it last year and from the looks of it i would have to say it is at least 3-5 years old. i am assuming, since it has the clear finish, that it is a maple top. is there any way to get the year that you know of ? jackson website only list USA models. if this thing is alder with a maple top it was a pretty good little find for me. if that is the case i may stay with a passive pickup.

thanks

Comment

If you write the serial number Ron may be able to help you with the year of manifacture.

The top on it is not maple I guess, it's something else but I can't remember the name
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

thanks very much. i'll do that tonight.

Comment

alright here is the serial number. 9696101.

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                New dxmg's have basswood bodies, pre-2006 ones have alder bodies. Dx10ds have always beeen basswood I guess
                Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                prior to 2006, the dx10d and dx10dfs had alder bodies. both the dx10d and dxmg have basswood bodies after namm 2006.
                Guys, the cutoff for alder bodies was JULY of 2006. I wish we had a ser# for this.

Originally posted by Recto-man View Post
                alright here is the serial number. 9696101.

thanks again

Late 2003, dude!

Your DX10FS is alder w/ Flame Maple Veneer!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i love my DX10...its not a Firestorm, but i didnt want the firestorm. i put EMGs in it and its amazing. i got it for 330 shipped (scratch and dent) and it needed a little TLC, but after that its been as solid as any other guitar i know of. plays amazing and sounds great too.

i want a few more actually...but not the new ones. i want Alder bodies! LOL Basswood doesnt do it for me.

as for playability and whatnot...i have an RR3 as well, and my DX plays just as well and feels just as good as the more expensive "Pro" RR3. so upgrade away!

mines transparent blue btw.
                  My metal band Lucian Scott
                  Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                  Available Now!
                  New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

thanks guys. i appreciate it. soc-monki good to hear you had success with the EMG's. i'm 34 and been playing jacksons since the late 80's and can't imagine a jackson without EMG's. i loved the way the dx played when i bought it, but i didn't want to dump a couple hundy into a chunk of b-ASS-wood. i have the hole from the FS so i was thinking of putting the Kerry King set in. anyone ever use that ? i don't realy need it with the Mesa roadster but i didn't want to leave the old nasty looking toggle in.

anyway thanks again

check out the band "Protest the Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by Recto-man View Post
                      thanks guys. i appreciate it. soc-monki good to hear you had success with the EMG's. i'm 34 and been playing jacksons since the late 80's and can't imagine a jackson without EMG's. i loved the way the dx played when i bought it, but i didn't want to dump a couple hundy into a chunk of b-ASS-wood. i have the hole from the FS so i was thinking of putting the Kerry King set in. anyone ever use that ? i don't realy need it with the Mesa roadster but i didn't want to leave the old nasty looking toggle in.

anyway thanks again

check out the band "Protest the Hero"
                      yea...i love EMGs. i can honestly say they are my favorite pickups and would love to have them in all my guitars LOL but they are in both Jacksons at least i could have been playing Jacksons since the mid 90's but i was talked out of them and into Paul Reed Smith...i do love my PRS, but the Jackson's fit me a bit better, and are very comfortable for my style.

i would say put the Kerry King set in if you dont want the hole showing. ive never used the EMG boost, or any boost really. my 5150 has more than enough gain...and i dont even run it over 3 most of the time now! sometimes use a boost for solos, but i havent even been doing that lately. i always get tired of carrying pedals around. id rather just plug in...

EMGs ftw!
                      My metal band Lucian Scott
                      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                      Available Now!
                      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Working...
                      X