Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this, and is it any good?

Hi there folks, new to the forum, hope you can help me with an easy one;

Can you tell me what that is? I know it's a Japanese import, and the serial is J002098. Basically, I can get it for £200 off a guy I know - is it worth it, is it a good instrument and exactly how slim is the neck? The guy says it's slimmer than a Wizard neck, and that's a bit slim for me, but I could get used to it perhaps.

It's got a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge there, and one of the saddles has been replaced but apparently this doesn't cause any problems.

Would like to get your learned viewpoints! Cheers!

Jackson JTX. Excellent guitar and well worth that price!

Comment

Thanks for your response matey!

Would it be easy to source/fit a replacement saddle do you think?

Comment

You can use the search function and find some good info on jtx's

Here's a recent thread started by Newc

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62331

The bridge is a jt-580. The non low-profile version of the bridge used in most of today's import Jacksons like dk-2, dxmg etc. The non low-profile version is no longer used though. I'm not sure if an ofr saddle will fit in there but other then that that might not be too easy to find a jt-580 saddle

And 200£ sounds like a good price considering you're in Europe
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Ah all great info, thanks very much! I'll do some digging around the forum now I know what it is!

Comment

Welcome to the forum btw! Why not make an introduction post, together with the pictures of your guitars
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Thanks very much, seems like a really warm and friendly place!

To be honest I usually build my own guitars, but if I snag this one I'll put some decent pics up for sure!

Comment

Nice JTX

The saddles should be replaceable with Floyd Rose, Schaller, or even Ibanez saddles as long as they're not the Low Profile models with the string-locking screw in front of the fine-tuners.

And yes, those necks are razor thin.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks again, dude!

Might pass on it if the neck is super thin - playing my bro's ibanez gave me thumb cramp after about half an hour! Then again, at that price I could probably sell it on for a profit if it doesn't suit - what do you think the guitar's worth on the UK market? Any ideas? Anyone here be interested in it if I decide it's not for me?

Comment

Is there any other Jackson guitar with a maple neck and inlay like that?(its the first time i saw a jackson like that)

Comment

Originally posted by alexander View Post
                      Anyone here be interested in it if I decide it's not for me?
                      Be careful how you word things around here - Junior members aren't allowed to advertise items for sale, and that may include lines like that one.
                      Just a heads-up.

As for value, I've not seen one go for more than $300USD, and IIRC, that's only if I'm bidding on it

===========

IIRC, the only other Jackson import with a maple fretboard and dot inlays was the Dinky Reverse, but the neck was not as thin as the JTX.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry guys if I've transgressed a board rule! My apologies...

Comment

Welcome to the board. Transgression is a progression around here. Post your Toasties and enjoy the ride.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                          X