DKMG stripped to natural finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG stripped to natural finish?

I have a 2004 DKMG that I would love to strip down to bare wood and give it an oil finish (i'm a sucker for natural finish guitars). Apparently, the body is made of alder, which isn't the prettiest of woods, but it's decent.

I figured that before I did that to my guitar, I would get some opinions from those who might have done something similar in the past. I haven't seen this done yet, so I figured there may be a reason?

Thanks!
    "my aim is precise, armed with my own failures"

that's actually a great idea. but if you're gonna do that, i recommend you also strip the headstock paint and put a black jackson decal on that.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I definitely planned on doing the headstock, too!
      "my aim is precise, armed with my own failures"

Comment

Do you care for how the wood looks becasue i've seen jackson use up to five different pieces of wood for one guitar. Mind you none of the grains or woods color were any where near each other. I wouldn't recommend it but heck if you have the cash sure why not if you don't like just paint it another color.
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
        X