help me ID my new DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me ID my new DK2

I recently picked up this lightly used DK2. I'd like to find out the year of manufacture. She is completely stock so I hope someone can help me. Here are the details:

Edit: pic is in separate post below in this thread.

- DK2
    - eerie dess swirl graphics
    - chrome hardware
    - Jackson licensed trem (JT580 LP?)
    - H/S/S configuration (all Duncan Designed)
    - 5 way blade switch
    - rosewood fretboard
    - bound neck
    - standard headstock (not reversed)

So far, I've been able to identify it as a Japanese Pro series. The serial number is 971xxxx. I suspect it is a 2004 or 2005 model. She's really in mint condition, only one tiny nick on the body, one tiny nick on the back of the neck and one corner of the bridge pickup cover is chipped. No scratches anywhere except the plastic trem and electronics covers on the back. The neck is beautiful, perfect binding and the frets are very well done. Other than a good basic setup, I haven't done anything other than play her. Both pots are a bit scratchy, but from what I hear this is a common problem on imports and will be fixed soon with new CTS pots. I was suprised at the tone, considering the DD pups. She sounds very good. I was prepared to replace the pups before I even got her, but now I can't really find a good justification for the cost and hassle involved. She sounds good enough to me. She's my first Jackson, so far I am impressed with the construction and quality (not including the pots...).
    Last edited by cbope; 11-21-2006, 04:40 PM.
    My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

MIJ, 2004/2005. THe pickup bezel (or "cover") is easily changeable, most guitar shops have spares.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

THX wilkinsi. Is there any way to narrow it down to exact year, maybe by serial? I know the MIJ serials seems to be a mystery... but I hope it's possible.

Edit: full serial is 9712088
      Last edited by cbope; 11-21-2006, 02:44 PM.
      My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

racerx might be able to id from the serial, tho pix may also help.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Take the neck off and look at the stamps.

Comment

OK, here is a full pic. If you want/need to see more or better pics, please let me know:

Comment

2004 dude!

I think it's kinda funny you know just about everything about this one already but want to know the exact exact year!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                2004 dude!

I think it's kinda funny you know just about everything about this one already but want to know the exact exact year!
                Well, I guess I'm kinda anal about details...

Edit: I guess that's what I get for being a fucking engineer...
                Last edited by cbope; 11-22-2006, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbope View Post
                  Well, I guess I'm kinda anal about details...

Edit: I guess that's what I get for being a fucking engineer...
                  So you engineered your knowledge about your guitar?

I will call Ron "the Jackson Knowledge Engineer" from now on
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                    So you engineered your knowledge about your guitar?

I will call Ron "the Jackson Knowledge Engineer" from now on
                    Who the hell is Ron?

Comment

"The junior member" above you :ROTF:
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

So Ron actually started from scratch again, after going wild with ... what? three zillion posts?
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

i have a trans blue dk2 serial no is 9652023 can u help please
                          Dk2 pro in black
                          Marshall jcm900 4502dr
                          Marshall vs200 avt100
                          and diamonds and rust.....

Comment

Working...
                          X