Dr7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr7

Hello , well i searched the forums for DR7 but nothing found..
    So has somebody here a DR7 ? (I have it...)
    If yes what do you think about it?
    thanks

They are going really cheap in the used market and they are decent guitars, well worth the money.

But 22 frets, no trem (the dr-7t had trem but it's not common) bad upper fret access and the huge headstock is what I don't like about it

I think Jackson should produce a 24 fret bolt-on H-H 7 string with trem and an ebony board. The trem and h-h version of the cow-7 in fact. That's what people will buy
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I would probably buy that 7 string if Jackson ever made it. I don't like the look of any of the Jackson ones I've seen. The Scheter guitars look good and are reasonably priced.That is what Jackson will have to compete with.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
        I think Jackson should produce a 24 fret bolt-on H-H 7 string with trem and an ebony board. The trem and h-h version of the cow-7 in fact. That's what people will buy
        I would definitely buy that. However, Jackson seems dead set against a non-COW 7 string.

Of course, the DR7 might have something to do with that. Not bad guitars, but generally inferior to what Ibby, Schecter and ESP/LTD were offering in 7s at the time - and more expensive, too.
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I have a DR-7T and it's pretty decent, especially for the money (I think I paid $150 for it). Made in Japan, plays pretty nicely, but the Duncan Designed pickups in mine could be replaced by a set of EMG 707's soon.
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by eaeolian View Post
            Not bad guitars, but generally inferior to ..
            that sums up my idea exactly, I got rid of mine rather quick

Comment

Working...
            X