No announcement yet.

Need help identifying a Dinky Reverse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying a Dinky Reverse.

Greetings,

First post here! I've been offered a Jackson Dinky Reverse in trade for a cab that I'm selling. I need some help identifying what model/year this might be. I got a chance to see it briefly, yesterday. It's got reverse headstock, reverse sharkfin inlays, no binding and just says Jackson. Also, the neck is a bit fatter than newer ones. The body has a royal blue metallic finish with a h/s/s pickup config and a licensed Floyed Rose double locking trem. It has a plain black backplate with the serial #99084326.

From what I've read here, I'm thinking it's a '99 Japan Dindy Reverse, but I'm not sure. The guy says he is the second owner and has had it for about 4 years.

Could anyone help me figure out what model this might be? I'm trying to determine what quality, origin, worth, etc. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, if I end up getting it, I plan on refinishing it in black, yeah!
    Cheers!

If that serial is accurate, I'd say it was Made In India. As far as I know, the Japanese models only use 7 digit numbers, and anything more than that is Indian.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Did you play it did you like it and how much is your cab worth to you these are the questions you should be asking YOURSELF
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Made in India Jacksons are the bottom of the barrel.Not any value.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

If the craftsmanship in India is anything like Dell's India customer service, I'd pass.

Comment

Originally posted by usrname View Post
            It has a plain black backplate with the serial #99084326.
            Double check that ser#, as Newc said, Jap bolt-ons are 7 digits and start w/ 9. A pic would help also
            Read this if you don't know how to yadda yadda yadda
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
              Did you play it did you like it and how much is your cab worth to you these are the questions you should be asking YOURSELF
              Well, my cab is worth about $250. I didn't get a chance to play it, but I,m supposed to check it out more in a few days. I was more concerned about quality more than anything. I know I can't expect much at this price, but I'd rather have a Japanese model than Indian. I might just sell the cab and save up for a higher model. This deal is really convinient though, cause the guy is right down the street.
              Cheers!

Comment

cab cost 250 which equals to 100 bucks street value so it be a decent beater maybe
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Double check that ser#, as Newc said, Jap bolt-ons are 7 digits and start w/ 9. A pic would help also
                  Read this if you don't know how to yadda yadda yadda
                  http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708
                  I found this in a similar thread. It looks very similar to this one, but I think it's legit. It has the floyd routing, etc.

I also found this in another thread:

General rule of thumb is that Japanese serial #s start with 9, Indian #s with 10. My DXMG starts with 97 I think and it's a MIJ 2003 model.

Would a call to Jackson clear this up, or would this info not be available anymore?
                  Cheers!

Comment

What info? Remember, we know more than Jackson does about a lot of things.

Post your DXMG full ser# and I'll date it. It's probably a 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      What info? Remember, we know more than Jackson does about a lot of things.

Post your DXMG full ser# and I'll date it. It's probably a 2004.
                      By info, I mean model/year/country/body wood, etc. I don't have a DXMG, I was just quoting another thread, sorry for the mix-up.

As I said, it has an 8 digit serial # starting with a 9. From the info I've read, this would indicate Indian made, but only if the serial starts with a 0 or 1, so I'm a little confused.
                      Cheers!

Comment

Hypothetical question directed at all:

Could it be that the Indian serials indicate production year?
                        I know that the second number in indian serials vary (it's not just 00 or 01):
                        I've seen two JS series guitars with serials starting with "04". They were both fairly recent ones, from either 2004 or 2005. And I've seen an older RX10D, allegedly a 2000 model, with leading numbers "00".

Following that logic, it could be a '99 made in India. This is just a hypothesis - I need Ron's help to poke holes in it.

Comment

anyone ever ask what ron's quote means its been bothering me for quite some time i like the year theory although

Comment

I think Ron is using notes taken from years of reading here on this board. I could (theoretically) find 2-3 threads here, with info, when put together would make up a pretty good cross reference... + he might have taken notes every time a user has reported data on an import just bought on eBay or else where. Also, I have a spreadsheet taken from Newc's site (I think), where he collected info (specs & serials) on the early Charvel Imports - primarily info supplied by the JCF members, I think.

All that put together and a trend starts showing. Ron (or we) should put it down in one concise post, but that's probably not gonna happen. It's too much fun having and keeping the knowledge. Information is power!
                            Last edited by jackson1; 11-29-2006, 01:38 PM.
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                              anyone ever ask what ron's quote means its been bothering me for quite some time i like the year theory although
                              Somebody asked me in chat once.

Comment

Working...
                              X