No announcement yet.

JS series Japan/India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would have been cool if India made Jackson guitars because im from India!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesusfreak View Post
      It would have been cool if India made Jackson guitars because im from India!!!
      I dont know if i understand.. but Jackson makes guitars in India...

Comment

I bought a DS1 for my 12yo son. The pickups were immediately replaced with Duncan Invader (bridge) and DiMarzio PAF (neck), I got em' second hand so they were a really cheap upgrade. I took it to my local tech who set it up, put some quality strings on it, installed the pickups, a little nut sauce and now it's a powerhouse..... well, for a 12yo at least!

Comment

Originally posted by ewright View Post
          JS is bottom of the barrel either way. If you're a beginner, its a much better guitar than I (and most others) started with, but otherwise, its a waste of money that could be better spent on a DK2 or DKMG. I'm sure some will disagree with me (sentimentality), but a few $ more will get you a much better guitar, including real Duncans or EMGs.
          I agree, that the JS series is bottom of the barrel, but all-in-all they are not bad guitars. I recently got a Metallic Blue JS1 from a Sam Ash used for $29.00 ( when I first saw the price, I thought it was for the stand it was sitting on!). Guitar body was in excellent shape but there was a chunk of fretboard wood missing from the side of the neck around and under the 15th fret. I wound up using dark wood filler and built up the missing wood and shaped it around the fret and it turned out pretty darned good. You have to look up close to see the fix. I replaced the pickups with a set of Duncan Designed Distortion pickups I had lying around. Gave it a good setup including shimming the neck to give it a little angle to get the strings nice and low to the frets and I have to say this guitar rips. Sounds and plays very decent.

Too bad this type of "beginner" guitar was not around 30 years ago I when I started to play.
          Guitars:
          Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
          1988 Model 2,
          Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
          RR3
          Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
          2005 SG Special

Comment

Yeah... JS are good guitars for a good price.

Comment

I agree... I bought one for my son's first guitar, and although I've upgraded a few things on it since, it's got a great sound, plays great and it's pretty tough...and most importantly, he loves it. He's become such a Jackson loyalist he wanted a King V for his birthday..which I got him.

Comment

Working...
              X