DKMGT action vs. DKMG w/Floyd Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMGT action vs. DKMG w/Floyd Rose

I bought a new DKMGT early this year, which was an older model with vol/tone/"Turbo-Boost". I've put in Duncans, (JB/Jazz), and got rid of the boost, so now it's vol/vol/tone with coiltap off the tone control. And, put 10's on it. Best guitar I ever owned, I love it! Especially the neck, with the moto-pirhana inlays.
    I was at the local GC and picked up a Dinky w/Floyd Rose, identical otherwise to my DKMGT hard tail. So I noticed that it's action was noticeably lower and more "playable" than mine. My question is, all other things being equal (I know it had 9's though), do Floyd Rose -equipped guitars generally have lower actions? Almost made me want to buy another Jackson!

Originally posted by NinjaBoy View Post
    My question is, all other things being equal (I know it had 9's though), do Floyd Rose -equipped guitars generally have lower actions?
    No. Have you tried lowering the bridge on your guitar?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i have had the same problem with my DKMGT. the bridge is set super high and i still get fret buzz.

Comment

have you checked the neck relief as well? i noticed that on both my Jacksons the necks were super straight from the factory and i had to add some relief to get them to play the way i like them.
        My metal band Lucian Scott
        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
        Available Now!
        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I tried to lower the bridge but got fret buzz everywhere, so I took it to my local guitar shop to have them set it up. It sure looked like it needed some neck relief. So supposedly they did that, it still has a little tiny bit of buzz, but it does play better than it did. Still think it could be lower. I've got a couple other guitars and sometimes I think maybe I should sell off the Jackson, but every time I pick it up it's like, "Nope, it's a keeper!"

Comment

Try the nut if you lowerd the bridge and got buzz and super straight wouldn't be a bad thing but its a matter prefrence
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I know that on my old dkmgt the strings were fairly high off the body and I couldnt adjust the pickups high enough to be close enough to the strings. But action on the neck was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                I know that on my old dkmgt the strings were fairly high off the body and I couldnt adjust the pickups high enough to be close enough to the strings. But action on the neck was fine.
                Put some foam underneath the pickups to raise them up.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Good idea, but I sold the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                  X