Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model?

Anyone know what model this is?

Looks like some kind of dx model but I cant find one with that pickup config. Did they ever make a J-series with sharkies? Serial number is supposedly 650012575. Whats up with that?
    Last edited by Carbuff; 11-26-2006, 03:31 PM.

Yee, that's odd...with that #24 sharkie!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So, then you are thinking that this is not really a Jackson guitar? Perhaps a chinese copy? Does that serial number make any sense? Is this possibly a guitar center only model? Seller claims he bought it there.
      Last edited by Carbuff; 11-26-2006, 04:37 PM.

Comment

oh frak, i thought it was a dx10d til i saw the hss config (network server at work sucks). perhaps it was a dk2, someone snapped the neck and replaced it with one from a dx10d?
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I was thinking that too but that 24th fret inlay doesnt belong there. Is there a list of import jackson serial number somewhere? Or does Ron just look into his crystal ball to figure it out.

Comment

If the ser# is on a sticker on a blank plate that is a MF second.That ser# sounds like one of theirs.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Im awaiting some pics. He said the tuners are plain black with no jackson logo on them. He also said that the trem doesnt say Jackson on it but it does say Floyd rose. He also gave me a different number saying it was on the neck. I will wait for the pics to see what he means.

Comment

Uhm...look at the control layout. Doesn't look very Jackson-ish to me. :/
                I would bet that it's a copy, but you never know. I've been told that there were some indian or korean sharkfin Jacksons with an inlay on the 24th. Fairly tales? I have no idea...

Comment

When there were those Chinese Jacksons on EBAY that had serial#'s that started with 650 or someting like that.
                  RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                  CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                  Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                  Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Ok, these are the pics that I got. Not exactly what I wanted but better than nothing. I never told the guy to take it apart btw. Hmmm.

So, Im leaning towards not Jackson. Control layout is wacky, no jackson logo on tuners and no set screws (or holes for them), sticker on back of headstock, weird floyd nut placement with strange truss rod cover. Trem studs are tiny too. Did Jackson ever do any of that? I dont think so.

Comment

Poor DK2 copy comes to mind for me *shrug*

Comment

Yeah, and also a non recessed floyd on a recent import? Did they ever do that?

Comment

That truss rod cover!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well thats a weird thing...

Comment

And unlogoed pups. No stamps in the neck pocket either.

Comment

Working...
                              X