No announcement yet.

Demon project completed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That turned out better than I expected from the mockup's I saw. One of a kind and evil too!

Do you have any special prepping tips when clear coating raw wood? Problems with rising grain bla bla?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

nice axe (without pentagram for me... )
      Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

needs blood.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Awesome Mark !!!

It looks great !!!

I'll PM you my address again so you can send it off !!!

Comment

I want to know how he does the finish so fast. I sent him the body(unfinished) on Tuesday and I got a notification it was delivered on Friday. He has it finished and assembled plus takes pics and post them on Sunday.

Oh yeah, It looks fantastic!!! Great job Mark

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              needs blood.
              a lot of it!

but nice, nonetheless
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

The body is friggin' diabolic haha, but yeah the natural finish is not evil enough ^^

Comment

Natural born killer, looks like it's about to go on a killing spree! Bad ass!
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                    I want to know how he does the finish so fast. I sent him the body(unfinished) on Tuesday and I got a notification it was delivered on Friday. He has it finished and assembled plus takes pics and post them on Sunday.

Oh yeah, It looks fantastic!!! Great job Mark
                    It's a trade secret Denny....if I told you I'd have to kill you. That wouldn't do me any good because I already have another body idea I want you to build! (I really need you alive!)
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sweet Demon Mark. This gives me hope Denny can do a RG540 P-II body. I was wanting to do it in natural wood, Alder or Mahogany, tung oil finish or something. I take it you bought a DK2M just for the neck? What happened to the body? Did you sent it to NEWC to experiment on?

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                        That turned out better than I expected from the mockup's I saw. One of a kind and evil too!

Do you have any special prepping tips when clear coating raw wood? Problems with rising grain bla bla?
                        Not really, Henrik. Maple is pretty easy to do because it's very dense. I sprayed 4 coats of clear friday night, then saturday I sanded it flat with 320 and sprayed on 5 more coats. Sunday I color sanded and buffed it. With more porous woods, you could use grain filler, or more clear and longer waiting times between sanding/re-coating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                          Sweet Demon Mark. This gives me hope Denny can do a RG540 P-II body. I was wanting to do it in natural wood, Alder or Mahogany, tung oil finish or something. I take it you bought a DK2M just for the neck? What happened to the body? Did you sent it to NEWC to experiment on?
                          I did buy the DK2M just for the neck. After parting out the guitar and keeping what I needed, I got a nice neck and trem for not much $. I'm still trying to decide what pickup I want in it. The DD is just temporary.

Comment

Mark did you have a Demon body or a way to get measurements to Denny? I want to do a 540 PII body but don't have a body to send Denny to make it accurate. Either that or I am going to have to just modify the Demon horns into this...

Comment

J/C:

Either go Demon or 540P. I don't think the hybrid will be cool enough. I'd like a Demon in a Blood Red with black edges ... YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I just don't care for the super long horn on the Demon. I'd feel like I was playing a wang caster or something with a horn that big. Denny told me he'd prefer to have an actual 540P body to be able to get measurements from as it would be impossible to cut a body to shape by eyeballing it, even though I pretty much did that with photoshop but pixels are alot easier to work with than wood.

So unless I can get someone to get measurements somehow (not sure how to even take accurate measurements of a guitar) then I will have to settle for the modified Demon. I like it a lot more than the stock Demon and the only one I have to impress is me

Ideally I'd want a replica 540P but sometimes we can't get what we want.

I'd really like to know how Mark and Denny worked out that Demon body shape. I am assuming either one of them must have had an actual body to make a template of, but maybe not. Hoping to hear back from either of them on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X