2nd Tone addition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Tone addition?

Hi guys, this thread has me rethinking my options. On my model 3 that i just finished customizing, I installed a EMG set that came prewired. There is a 2nd tone knob that right now i just have buried in the cavity. Would it be a bad idea to drill a whole simmilar to the one in the pic of the strathead and bring the 2nd knob to the surface or would you just rewire it to the first tone? How would it affect the resale if i ever decide to sell this?

here is another pic of the model3.

Thanks.

Any permanent mods will probably lower the resale value, actually. But in the case of a Model 3 I think I´d do it... assuming you´d actually use the second tone, that is. Otherwise I think you should take it out completely instead, there´s no sense in having another tone control in the circuit that you never use.

Comment

I'd add it, just be careful of that new paint. These are never going to become high valued guitars. Its not original anymore anyway, so mod away.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        Its not original anymore anyway, so mod away.
        Good Point. Thanks guys. I will do it then.

Comment

put tape over the area your going to drill might help save the paint from chipping
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
            put tape over the area your going to drill might help save the paint from chipping
            Exactly and use a brad point or a forstner bit to minimize chipping if you have either of those.
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

3/8" Forstner bit, definitely.

Just make sure you leave the control cavity cover on if you're drilling the guitar while holding it on your lap - trust me
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I start my holes with a pointed(cone) grinding stone,when it's a little larger than i want it i drill, after the first time paint chip.
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Just make sure you leave the control cavity cover on if you're drilling the guitar while holding it on your lap - trust me

LOL sounds like a good idea to me....
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Id just remove it from the circut... Ive always found two tones pretty pointless... hell, I find one pointless!
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                    X