Which Jackson for Roland GK2 FX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Jackson for Roland GK2 FX?

I wasn't sure where to put this thread being as it involves both Jackson imports and FX/Amps, so if it needs moving, please do.

I've lost my enthusiasm for playing keyboards (except where drum sounds are required). I can only think of the Roland G33/20's, but what concerns me is whether it matters which guitar it should be paired with. Naturally, there isn't enough space between a Floyd and the bridge humbucker, so I'd be aiming for a hardtail/fixed bridge Jackson. The other niggle is that I don't know if it's worth investing in a sub-500 quid guitar or just getting a cheapo JS series - ie: the pickups won't matter because of the audio to midi conversion process. Any thoughts on this?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Well some Dinky's you can mount them with a floyd. I know you can as my CX391 had one and its a dinkybody. If a JS Series guitar plays nice enough for you, go for it. But it might not be a bad idea to spend more for a better made, and probably nicer playing guitar. A used guitar probably wouldn't be a bad idea either, especially one with a pickguard so you can cover up the hole's you'll make from mounting the midi pickup to sell it or just to clean it up after you take it off.

Comment

I thought there was a thin version of one with a sticky underside..
      Assuming there won't be any detriment to the sound, I'd be happy to settle for a JS, but not until I've had at least a shot at scoring some nice Pro and up range Jackson on Ebay.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I put a GK-3 on my NASL - plenty of room between the Floyd and humbucker ring.

You may also want to look on Ebay - there's a guy in the UK who sells a metal humbucker ring that has a space for the GK pickups.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X