Always a Sucker for a Stray Dog !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always a Sucker for a Stray Dog !!

I purchased a 1994 Jackson JRR-94 guitar with the Jackson hardshell case for next to nothing. I knew the guitar was not top of the line (or middle) but knowing that it was 12 years old, MIJ and NEVER played (still has the original strings on it!!) made me scoop it up to tinker with.

I ordered all the parts I need to pretty it up. I have a brass/gold V plate and control plate (custom made by Dave at fretsonthenet.com ) to install, also Dave made an "RR" engraved truss rod cover for me. I ordered gold pick up surrrounds and gold tuners (which should be here any day).

When the tuners and pickup surrounds come in I will disassemble the guitar, adjust the neck and reassemble it with all the new purty stuff and of course new GHS boomers. I also have Dimarzio SDH and a 500-XL to try in the bridge position. I am undecided on which one as I am tempted to uncover the great Bill Lawrence controversey !!! LOL

Anyhow...pics soon to follow. This MIJ Rhoads may turn into a good player and toy for me. If you need any parts custome made for your guitar...you HAVE to try fretsonthenet.com . Dave's stuff is incredible and he is extremely professional.

-B

12-8-06....finished and the pics are over here.....http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63325
    Last edited by satch0922; 12-08-2006, 09:51 PM.

I had one, pretty good guitar actually.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

need pics
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Comment

true!...pics on the way ...still waiting on the gold tuners and p/up surrounds. Hopefully the get in today and I will build it this weekend.

Comment

just a couple of pics until I get it finished...still waiting on parts!

Before (stock)

HERE IS THE WORK IN PROGRESS....

Comment

Yeah, we know all about Budman's great service!

Cool! I actually like the "before" better!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah...the "goth" look way before it's time huh?

Being "old school" , if I have a Jackson RR I want it to look somewhat like the black/gold Jackson that Randy had.

Tuners came in today......all I need is the p/up surrounds and then I can have it ready to play in about 15 minutes.

more to follow....

Comment

Excellent find. I purchased a JRR94 off of Ebay that had been very abused in its life (BOTH V-tips have been broken off...bastards). When it arrived, the neck was loose and the monkey who used to own had the bridge height mucked up so the intonation was horrible.

I had a horrible time with low-E string breaks at the point through the V-plate. This is the only guitar I have ever owned that is string-thru. Is this a common problem? I recitified the problem by pulling the V-plate off and using a Dremel to smooth out the holes.

Overall it is a great, low-cost shred machine (except the pickups have no bite).

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=IM000833.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X