Can someone help me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me out?

the guitar featured in these pics MIJ? or MII? real MOP?

http://www.frontiernet.net/~toddevans/jackson.html
    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

I think it`s MOP...
    Cause from the year 1990 - 95 had the Rhoads Pro MOP inlay so
    I guess the dinky had it also
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Older import, around 2000. MIJ called DR3 if i remember correctly

Comment

Looks like a DR3 but imo it's an older production due to the black hardware. Possibly 90-95 as Special-K said.

Comment

thanks guys I just grabbed that exact guitar pretty cheap....

was hoping it had MOP inlays
          “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

That page mentions Duncan "clones" so that makes me think it's a later Professional model. Professional on the headstock, so it could be as late as '97 or '98.

Mr. C, what is the serial number?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

the seller tells me the serial is 602862 & he believes it to be a 1996 model

I have not recieved the guitar yet, really just wanted the neck off it,

but hopefully it will be decent I'll leave it intact
              Last edited by Mr.C; 12-03-2006, 06:00 AM.

Comment

here is a few pics of it

Comment

yep 96/97 DR3, I have two just like that one, bet she plays great except for the open g string!

Comment

Its a Jackson Professional DR3 from the mid 90's, made in Japan. The inlays are MOTO (plastic), not MOP. The bridge is a JT580LP, the pickups are Duncan Designed HB103's. The "quilt" top is not actually quilt at all, its a printed design referred to by Jackson as Guavre or something like that. How do I know all this? I own the same one, and love it!
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Gravure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotogravure
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X