No announcement yet.

My new DKMG with some problems... HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are so many probabilities. I just need to share with you.
    Life can be good with right people.
    Andi Deris

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
      I think they knew full well it was an old model and didn't care about telling you.

That's definitely what happened.LayLayLom is a horrible music shop.I truly hate them.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

New just means not bought previously and not played properly...i have a new dean select V...it had been sitting in the same guitar shop for 2 year sbefore i finally saved up enuff to buy it...

Comment

Have it (your dean V model) ever upgraded by the Dean Company in last 2 years?

but dkmg was upgraded this year. There are important differences between old dkmgs and 2006 models.
          Andi Deris

Comment

no but thats not my point...new means different things to different people...new to me means not second hand...

Comment

When you want to buy a new car in 2006, do you accept to buy a 2004 model unused one?
              Andi Deris

Comment

Unused = New, to to retailers.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

The picture sports a 2006 version. The guy bought the guitar based on that. Now, in the UK, it would be a breach of the Sale & Supply of Goods Act and Trade Descriptions Act to sell something not identical to what is advertised, regardless of price... But if the retailer has offered to let him hang on to his 2005 model until the 2006 one arrives and conducts a straight swap, then the only losses are time and convenience, and I'd say that's fantastic, because the retailer has no legal obligation to let him do so. They could have just kept his money and guitar, and let him rot for weeks, because that's what happens in the UK. Lets wish him luck in that they keep their promise. If they fail, he could insist on a discount.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Agreed...I understand that the site shows the 2006 version. That he got the 2005 is in no way Jackson's fault. That's all I'm saying.
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

My new DKMG CBS

Thank you very much friends for your interest. I was very very angry when i opened this thread (in fact still angry but i feel a bit calm down). This guitar was my biggest dream for months.

Now i think i started to love that guitar especially its fingerboard and cbs finnish.

Now i'd like to ask some quests.

Are they important the differences between old dkmg and new dkmg?

Differences are:

old: emg-hz, licensed FR, turbocharger

new: emg 81-85, upgraded licensed FR, no turbocharger

and How can i change the thread topic?
                      Andi Deris

Comment

A new pic

Andi Deris

Comment

Originally posted by KabaK View Post
                          Differences are:

old: emg-hz, licensed FR, turbocharger

new: emg 81-85, upgraded licensed FR, no turbocharger
                          No, not upgraded trem. According to John @ JCMI, the trem upgrade was on the Pro-series only.

What's more, the serial indicates that it is a 2006 guitar - but it was probably made before the upgrades went into production.
                          Last edited by Sunbane; 12-06-2006, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                            No, not upgraded trem. According to John @ JCMI, the trem upgrade was on the Pro-series only.
                            Thx, i did not know that
                            Andi Deris

Comment

i see you got all the bits that go with it (catalogue, etc etc). all i get is the guitar and the box. shit. wtf is wrong with UK people?! (pun aka south park)
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

No wilki, mine was like yours. There was nothing in the box when i opened it except some keys for nut etc. and tremolo.

The catalog, two jackson picks and holder were gifts of the shop.
                                Andi Deris

Comment

Working...
                                X