My new DKMG with some problems... HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
    What's more, the serial indicates that it is a 2006 guitar - but it was probably made before the upgrades went into production.
    Are you sure about the serial? How can you undertsand that?
    Life can be good with right people.
    Andi Deris

Comment

Can I have the rug?
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
        No, not upgraded trem. According to John @ JCMI, the trem upgrade was on the Pro-series only.
        Really? That doesent make much sense considering the MG series is higher up on the chain than the Pro series.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          Really? That doesent make much sense considering the MG series is higher up on the chain than the Pro series.
          No, it's not. MG is closer to X series, but with EMGs .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
            No, it's not. MG is closer to X series, but with EMGs .
            I think;

DKMG is a pro with EMG
            DXMG is a x with EMG
            Andi Deris

Comment

The Pro Series was always "top of the line" of the imports, although it has gotten thoroughly watered down over the years. I would however agree with you in point, since the MG series have much nicer features overall than the Pro-series. However, this is obviously not how JCMI feel about it.

In 2006, the Pro-series was upgaded with the hardened trem and real Duncans. The MG series was upgraded with real EMGs - except the DXMG, which still has a weird connection to the X-series (it keeps its HZs - however some dealers do put in actives in them). I would also guess that the DXMG was changed to having a basswood body in 2006, since that is what the rest of the X-series got. Why that guitar is in the MG-series is yet another one of the great Jackson mysteries.

Are you sure about the serial? How can you undertsand that?
              Like our trusty friend Ron (RacerX), I've started compiling a list of import serials with known manufacture dates. I think your guitar's serial is high enough that it should have been made in 2006. However, I would guess that Ron's list has a lot more entries than mine, and he may be able to give you a more accurate estimate.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                New just means not bought previously and not played properly...i have a new dean select V...it had been sitting in the same guitar shop for 2 year sbefore i finally saved up enuff to buy it...
                Well a 2005 model guitar you buy on December 2006 should be considered "new old stock" and that should be mentioned I guess

To me that doesn't make sense because they now have to build 2 versions of the jt-580 lp, which will cost more then upgrading all IMO!
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  Can I have the rug?
                  Ok dude!... :P

And also that rug really tied the room together
                  Andi Deris

Comment

Six year old thread, with a response aimed at a banned member.

Nice!

Comment

Where would fett put a rug anyway? Over the piles?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by KabaK View Post
                        Ok dude!... :P

And also that rug really tied the room together
                        KabaK,

I expect to see your reply in 5 years (if the planet is still here).

How do you like your new guitar?

Comment

Dude...if its not the right guitar send it back period? I don't think I understand the issue....either its what you paid for or its not.....you either live with it....or you don't....
                          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                            Dude...if its not the right guitar send it back period? I don't think I understand the issue....either its what you paid for or its not.....you either live with it....or you don't....

Comment

Its identical to mine,which is an '03,playing it will take the pain away!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                                KabaK,

I expect to see your reply in 5 years (if the planet is still here).

How do you like your new guitar?
                                Well... sounds good buddy, still trying to learn to play
                                Andi Deris

Comment

Working...
                                X