Import SL2H (Sam Ash)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's hot!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I might have to drop by SA to see if they have one! I just hope the inlays are MOP... that thing ROCKS!!!
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Badass !

Comment

Sam Ash screwed a guy over on the ESP forum. They sent him the wrong guitar, and said the guitar that he wanted wasn't going to be in stock for three months. I bought a guitar once, but i was a walk-in, cool guys in the San Antonio area SA
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

very nice indeed. looks like a dkmg with re-positioned controls and dk2 neck.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
              Anybody here ever deal with Sam Ash before....Opinions please.
              Like all large stores, it depends on which salesman who you talk to. I've been able to haggle on the one piece of used equipment I bought at Sam Ash.

When I was thinking about buying something new, I asked one salesman "what is your best price" and he went into a speach about how everything is already discounted. At the same store the manager always tells me "let me know what you want and I'll get the best price for you..."

In terms of how knowledgable they are, I wouldn't expect much, especially regarding Jackson guitars. One time I was there the saleman was trying to sell somebody the Fender SRV sig guitar. Salesman said "its just like Blackie"... I cringed.

I've never ordered online (tax in CA).

Comment

Looks cool! I'd love to see some USAs w/ the old-school soft archtop. My question about this one is whether it has a full 3/4" maple cap or if it's a shaped veneer.

Comment

Alright, I just stopped to check this guitar out at SA. They have two versions, one blue one as pictured with SD pu's, and one dark metallic grey with EMG pu's.

The guitars look GREAT, but god damn, why the hell did they have to cheap out with the stupid plastic inlays? I wish Jackson would just do away with MOTO altogether... Id pay a $50 upcharge on all the guitars, I dont give a crap. I swear, if that guitar had MOP inlays, Id have walked out with it. It really is THAT nice.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Heres a shitty camera phone pic btw:

I gotta give SA credit, they sure have a nice Jackson selection:
                    -Jameson KV
                    -RR3
                    -KBR
                    -SL3 x2
                    -DK2M
                    -DK2 x2
                    -SA special RR3
                    -These new archtops x2
                    Plus a few more I didnt notice right away...
                    Last edited by RobRR; 12-05-2006, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Limited lifetime warranty.
                      Just what the hell is that supposed to mean?
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                        The guitars look GREAT, but god damn, why the hell did they have to cheap out with the stupid plastic inlays? I wish Jackson would just do away with MOTO altogether... Id pay a $50 upcharge on all the guitars, I dont give a crap. I swear, if that guitar had MOP inlays, Id have walked out with it. It really is THAT nice.
                        I completely agree. It's gotten to the point that the plastic inlays are the only reason I DON'T buy new Jacksons. I made an exception on my DK2M because the inlays are black, not some ghastly knock-off of real pearl.
                        sigpic

Comment

It looks like they are imorting this one http://www.jacksonstars.com/aslj1.html with cheap inlays and rosewood.I would rather go through trouble of importing a JS than buying this version.At least that way you have more color choices and pickups choices.

If they released it this way , I would not be able to get one fast enough .
                          Mike
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

+1

Rob, were you able to tell whether it had a thick maple top or a veneer? The price & the fact that it has MOTO inlays makes me think veneer.

Comment

Rob, did you get a look at the back of the blue one?...was it solid black or was it trans blue.

My trans blue SL4 is solid black on the back, which is why I ask.

Comment

Sorry guys, I didnt actually pick it up... its hanging behind the counter, and finding someone to help is almost useless in that store. Tell yous what, Ill head back tomorrow and check it out first hand and let you guys know all the details !

And Im dead serious, if that guitar has MOP then it would have been mine. Thats the MAJOR turnoff on ALL new import Jacksons... the inlays look like shit, look and make the guitar look cheap. I wont buy a new Jackson either because of this, aside from my DK2M. The SL3 and RR5's look like shit because of those damn inlays... I mean seriously, how much more could MOP really cost? I can deal with rosewood... but plastic inlays dont cut it anymore. I mean, the friggin thing has a real Floyd, yet the couldnt use real inlays... shame.

Jackson just doesent realize how much a few $$$ spent on real inlays would really take them. That would put them yet ANOTHER notch above everyone else....

John, are you listening?
                                Last edited by RobRR; 12-05-2006, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X