Identify Jackson Professional - Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify Jackson Professional - Please help

I would like to ask you experts some help in identifying the white guitar. The blue one is a Jackson Professional Fusion EX, my first Jackson and to date my favourite guitar.

The white one was bought as a back-up but ever since I bought it, it's been puzzling me. I couldn't find any information on this one. Now, information on the Professional series is sparse as it is, but this is boggling me.

It has the same body as the Fusion, except for the cutaway at the bottom. I think the humbucker are Jackson Blades, but I'm not sure. There's no logo on the humbucker either.

The two "holes" you see in the body (left of the humbucker) are because the owner before the previous owner installed a midi-module. OUCH.

I got this one very cheap and it plays very well except for the fact that the bridge screws aren't exactly screwed in any more. If I lift the tremolo too much, the bridge lifts too

The serial number on this one is 215676.

Thanks in advance,

Kristof

Welcome, Kristof!

That looks like a

1992 Fusion SS

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Staggering! I can't believe how fast you found that one. I thought it was an SS, but I couldn't find the catalogue anymore.

Thanks a million!

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely a Fusion SS. I own one too. If I remember correctly the humbucker is a J-85, not sure though.

Comment

Yes humbucker is a J-85.

Did they switch the trem baseplate of the JT-580 to an angled one like in the pic back in 1992?

Comment

I have 2 of those and one of em came with extra holes due to a midi pick up (weird eh)., I love em.
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro View Post
              I have 2 of those and one of em came with extra holes due to a midi pick up (weird eh)., I love em.
              I don't like the huge difference in output between the single coils and the humbucker. The singles and the humbucker on my Fusion EX are much better balanced, and the 2 single coils on the EX have a better timbre to them than the ones on the SS.

Comment

Working...
              X