"Stray Dog" Thread Continued.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stray Dog" Thread Continued.....

I finally got off my butt and finished the JRR94 so I decided to start a new thread for the finished pics. (original thread.. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62954 ).

It turned out just like I had hoped. The parts from fretsonthenet.com are excellent. The neck p/up is a duncan 59 (nice, smooth and bluesy...but loud) and the bridge is the highly controversial Bill Lawerence xl500-L (loud for sure..will tinker more to find the tone I like).

Anyhow thank you to Dave at FOTN for the quick job on the parts. This was a fun project and the guitar looks like "The Man's" (sans the shark fins) and that is what I wanted.

-B

Last edited by satch0922; 12-08-2006, 09:53 PM.

Man I love it ....pardon my ignorance on the model but is it a bolt on? It would really look even more fuggin awesome than it already does with sharkies

Comment

Definite improvement! Cool project dude!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

yes its a bolt on..... 1994 jrr-94 Japan made. Don't think I havent been on the lookout for a neck haha. Too bad most of the necks I see are routed for a locking nut.....

Thanks for the compliments!

Comment

Very nice!

I always wondered... about the RR truss rod cover from Dave... couldn't he get into trouble with Rolls Royce? Just asking...

Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Concept series myself, and have four of the JDX-94 model with various mods on each. There was a USA Rhoads version with block inlays, and if you like the feel of the stock neck, you could always get blocks installed. I have had that done on a couple myself, although I went with split blocks at the 12th/24th fret on my latest project. This is a pic of the 12th fret - the block is wide enough to completely cover the original dot routes:

Just something to think about! I'm sure someone has pics of the Rhoads with block inlays.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
              Very nice!

I always wondered... about the RR truss rod cover from Dave... couldn't he get into trouble with Rolls Royce? Just asking...

Actually his inspiration comes from the truss rod cover on the original Jackson Randy had....

Also, the RR logo is what Randy used on his business cards for guitar lessons....

Last edited by satch0922; 12-09-2006, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Great guitar...
                Dave is a great person to deal with and
                his word is golden
                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Randy is the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                    I have had that done on a couple myself, although I went with split blocks at the 12th/24th fret on my latest project. This is a pic of the 12th fret - the block is wide enough to completely cover the original dot routes

Just something to think about! I'm sure someone has pics of the Rhoads with block inlays.
                    Actually thought about having someone turn the dots into "bow ties".

Comment

You did a fantastic job, Brent, I kind of like the dots, it's different!
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
                        Also, the RR logo is what Randy used on his business cards for guitar lessons....
                        I never saw that one.. cool! I guess, if Randy and Jackson could get away with it, so can Dave
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                        X