Soloist Archtop Pro Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist Archtop Pro Questions

I have some questions for you Archtop Pro guys out there. I've been thinking of getting one...

First off, how thick is the neck and how comfortable is it? I loved the neck on my SL-1 and I would imagine it is something similar to that.

Second, and I have not found any info about this in the catalog scans yet, what is the neck and body wood? It seems a lot of them have a flamed maple top.

Finally, what is the overall playability and tone like? I think these puppies were Japanese made and a lot of people around here rant about the early 90's pro series Jacksons from Japan.

Anybody?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

lets just say they have a godly auroa around them

if jesus shreded he did it on one of these
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post
      I have some questions for you Archtop Pro guys out there. I've been thinking of getting one...

First off, how thick is the neck and how comfortable is it? I loved the neck on my SL-1 and I would imagine it is something similar to that.

Second, and I have not found any info about this in the catalog scans yet, what is the neck and body wood? It seems a lot of them have a flamed maple top.

Finally, what is the overall playability and tone like? I think these puppies were Japanese made and a lot of people around here rant about the early 90's pro series Jacksons from Japan.

Anybody?
      The have three of them and will say the are all very close to a SL1/2 . Maybe a tad bit thicker but not buy much . If you like the neck on your soloist you should feel right at home on a AT.

All the ATs have a flame top on them and all were trans finishes . The 750XL (it cousin)came in solid along with trans . Both the body and neck are mahogany with a flame maple top and ebony board . They are also set necks with a 24.75 scale , not a neck thru.

I would put any of the ebony boarded early PROs against up any USA Jackson . I have owned at one time or another 7 of them . I actually sold my to USAs to buy the ATs . Playability is just as good as the a USA IMO . I would say that a ST is sort of like a LP Lite it has the same bottom and grind just not as much . The floyd version slightly less bottom but still sounds heavier than SL1/2.
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

is the neck joint more like a set-thru neck like on some ESP's or is it more of a typical set-neck like on Les Pauls.

I dont suppose anyone could post a pic of the neck joint could they?

Comment

I will try to take some pictures tommorrow for you.The heel looks just like a neck thru smoothed over.That is why the are mistaken as such.Very easy to play up top not LPish at all.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
            lets just say they have a godly auroa around them

if jesus shreded he did it on one of these
            Yeah, great one. I second that!

AFAIK the neck is actually quartersawn maple, only the body is mahagony.
            The neck is pretty thin and very, very comfortable. It's totally effortless to play.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

So the neck joint feels like a neck thru even though it is a set neck. I my LTD baritone has that... feels pretty good to me.

Is that what a "Set-Thru" neck is?

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post

That info is in the 1990-1991 catalogue. Or here if you wanna do a quick compare.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

You might want to do a search, pics were posted of the 750xl's neck join recently in the past.
                  You have to look at it very closely on a trans finish to see it is a set in neck. It's basically 3 piece I believe and shaped so it feels like a neck thru. I thought it was neck thru and possibly even USA made for a good decade before coming on here and finding out otherwise. Needless to say this place has raised my awareness on good many things, even jaded a couple.
                  Last edited by charvelguy; 12-13-2006, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X