charvel CX391

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel CX391

Greetings from Malaysia.. Im new here.. I recently purchased a dirt cheap used charvel cx391 bearing serial no. 014869. Can anyone help me to date the year made?

It only cost me about USD90 with hardcase.. still have not clean it up and set it up.. need to find a replacement saddle for it..

thank you in advance.

'92-'94 as far as I can tell by looking at the catalogs (here).
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Welcome to the board. Do yourself an immense favor and read all the Rules and the Sticky's. They provide a wealth of information and will save you from the "Wrath of Not Doing So" Kick back and relax.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Gto any pictures? What color is it? The Black ones seems to be more ocmmon than the white ones. Great, fast palying guitars, with the best licensed Floyd out there. They were made in Japan. The wiring is a bit crappy, but they sound great. New they were about $500USD. Mine became even better when I revamped it Good price you got on it. I think you'll really enjoy it.

Comment

charvel cx391

i have dismantled it.. here are the links to the pics.. i have also included the pic inside the guitar..

EDIT: my photobucket is working now..

Last edited by charger; 12-24-2006, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Hmm now that you've dismantled it I have a question: When I rebuilt mine, I noticed one of the screws holding on the neck was oxidized and longer than the others. Was yours like this out of interest? Looks nice btw. Never seen a blue one. As for the parts, I'd keep the neck, the humbuckers, and the body. The single coil is weak, I put a Fender USA single in mine before swaping everything for EMGs. Yours is wired much better than mine. Mine looked like it was done in about 5 seconds I'll put up picks of it before I rebuilt it when I find them, and eventually post pics of my rebuilt one

EDIT:

Pics (before rebuilt; pardon the bad lighting and crappy pics)

Last edited by CharvelRocker; 12-23-2006, 12:26 PM.

Comment

They are decent guitars, that's for sure. I snagged a red and black one last summer on ebay and I love it. As soon as I got it I ripped it apart, cleaned it up and set it up. I had some buzzing on the 7th, 9th and 14th frets and couldn't get rid of it, so I sent it to a guy I know who used to work on Randy Bachman's guitars and does fine work. It sounds minty now. Some new pups are probably gonna happen in the future, but right now I get some great tones out of it as is.

Here's a fairly crappy pic.

P.S. - maybe this should be moved to the import Charvel section? Mods?
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Oh, hell I might as well join in on the fun and post mine.

Comment

charvel cx391

Oopss i just noticed that i actually post it at the imported jackson section.. sorry mod.. pls help to move it to the imported charvel section..

Charvel Rocker: mine, all the neck screws look the same.. wow.. yours look sweet man..

Nuclear Vampire: nice one.. may i know who much you paid for it?

Carbuff: Thanks for sharing the pic.. very nice..

i will need to take some time to do up mine.. still need to find a replacement saddle for the 6th string.. finding replacement part in malaysia is really a b*tch.. will post the pics once it is done..

To all CX391 owners, do post the pics here.. lets make this thread a tribute to the CX391 model haha.. Thank you in advance to ALL!..

Comment

With shipping and everything it cost me $250 Canadian.
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

charvel cx391

thanks for the info Nuclear Vampire

Comment

Originally posted by charger View Post
                        Oopss i just noticed that i actually post it at the imported jackson section.. sorry mod.. pls help to move it to the imported charvel section..

Charvel Rocker: mine, all the neck screws look the same.. wow.. yours look sweet man..

Nuclear Vampire: nice one.. may i know who much you paid for it?

Carbuff: Thanks for sharing the pic.. very nice..

i will need to take some time to do up mine.. still need to find a replacement saddle for the 6th string.. finding replacement part in malaysia is really a b*tch.. will post the pics once it is done..

To all CX391 owners, do post the pics here.. lets make this thread a tribute to the CX391 model haha.. Thank you in advance to ALL!..

Any OFR saddle should work as its pretty much an exact duplicate. Also thanks for the compliment. My brother is gettign a new camera for christmas so maybe I can test it by taking a nice picture or two of my CX391 as it is now

Comment

Working...
                        X