Ever practically steal a guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever practically steal a guitar?

So I go to my local music shop to test a Rocktron Utopia and I start looking at guitars while I wait for the salesman. Long story short, the owner puts a new old stock Kelly KE3 with the light green camo paint on the wall with a sale sticker. They were selling it for $629, marked to to $399 and it was now $199! After I got up off the floor, I asked what the story was, which was, " I can't get rid of it and I'm sick of looking at it." So I bought it.

Here is the interesting part. I love Jackson guitars and have always wanted one. I finally got my first one about a month ago (DKMGT) and this gift was handed to me, which I did not need, but was too good to pass up. My wife and I are now fighting about why did I buy it when I didn't need it. What the hell am I missing here??? Am I the one who is crazy??????????
    "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

I learned a long time ago when it comes to guitars...it never ends!!! Good for you,i would have done the same!

Comment

Haha! Buying the guitar simply because the price was good is a sign of a burgeoning Jackson addiction. Stop now while there is time!
      Scott

Comment

It's easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission sometimes.

Comment

I would hit that too...
          So congrats

and btw
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by neverdunn View Post
            ...They were selling it for $629, marked to to $399 and it was now $199! After I got up off the floor, I asked what the story was, which was, " I can't get rid of it and I'm sick of looking at it." So I bought it.
            Sounds like a good deal, one i'd probably go for.

...My wife and I are now fighting about why did I buy it when I didn't need it. What the hell am I missing here??? Am I the one who is crazy??????????
            The answer is, "because it was there and I wanted it".

But!...

Personal Opinion:
            ...Never fight over money, ever. I've spent a shitload of cash on guitar stuff I dont need, I like music and guitars and my wife understands that. Then again, I always ask before dropping cash on anything. I'm too busy making the money to deal with managing it so the wife handles that for me. I tell my wife I want something and she tells me if we can afford it. If not then I dont buy it.

True, its easier to ask for forgiveness, but after a while that shit aint gonna fly no more.

Later,

Steve
            Guitars:
            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
            Amp:
            VOX AD30VT

Comment

Holy crap what a deal. I had a chance at an ESP ltd Viper-1000 for $500 after the guy said he could coem down on the price some because what I wanted was the Viper-400, and didnt realize the price of those. I rreally wish I had the money on hand for that

Comment

Simple. Tell her you bought it on sale

Payback - this time, it's for REAL!
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i've never known a women to look at a guitar the same as a guy.... they never understand our lust...
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                    Sounds like a good deal, one i'd probably go for.

The answer is, "because it was there and I wanted it".

But!...

Personal Opinion:
                    ...Never fight over money, ever. I've spent a shitload of cash on guitar stuff I dont need, I like music and guitars and my wife understands that. Then again, I always ask before dropping cash on anything. I'm too busy making the money to deal with managing it so the wife handles that for me. I tell my wife I want something and she tells me if we can afford it. If not then I dont buy it.

True, its easier to ask for forgiveness, but after a while that shit aint gonna fly no more.

Later,

Steve
                    I agree with your point about the money. This morning she had chilled out quite a bit and sort of explained herself. She loves I'm back playing guitar again and that I have something to keep me busy in the winter. For the last 6-8 years, I spend alot of time in the winter away from home at my friends bike shop re-building my bike, which tends to be more expensive than buying/working on guitars. What came out was she was wasn't worried about the money, but whether I would end up on the road with a band again. She spent the first 7 years of our relationship as a band widow when we traveling all over the place. Since my injury, I had to drop out and I spent much more time here at home or doing stuff she can do with me, like cruising. Now that I can play again, she is worried I'll be be gone. Sooo.... the agreement is before I join a band, we need to work out ground rules. no big deal.

But I do need to slow down..... a little.

After I mate a body to the neck I won on ebay!
                    "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Comment

Originally posted by neverdunn View Post
                      the owner puts a new old stock Kelly KE3 with the light green camo paint
                      When did they come with light green camo paint? Got a pic?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        When did they come with light green camo paint? Got a pic?
                        I think he is talking about this finish: http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-KE3-Pro-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I haven't taken any pics yet, but it is the same guitar that is in the link from slayer32390. Great guitar, plays great, very smooth. Pickups are a little weak, but they can be changed later, probably to Duncan's, I love the SH-6 I put in my Iceman. I do need to take some pics of my gear.

or

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                            i've never known a women to look at a guitar the same as a guy.... they never understand our lust...
                            I think there are a few female members of the JCF that would refute that statement
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Interesting. I never knew they put that graphic on anything but the Christian Olde Wolbers Dinky models.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X