Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would this guitar go for? ($$$)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would this guitar go for? ($$$)

How much would a mint condition Jackson KE3 with EMG 81/85 (eerie dess swirl) go for? If it got serviced for intonation and cleaning too. I'm just looking for a guesstimate if I sold it to
    A) A pawnshop
    B) Guitar Store
    (retail price on this guitar is $1071.41USD) (with out mods)
    Thanks a lot! (I want a KE2!)
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

A) Almost nothing.
    B) Around half of the original price.
    Answer B is the standard rule of thumb most anywhere.Now if you find a KE-2 at a guitar store you may be able to swing a decent trade if yours is in very good condition with original hard case.The trick is to go into the store and look around if something catches your eye don't go ga ga and loose your bowels.If the sales dude asks if he can help you feel him out and see what kind of deal can be made.Never pay whats on the tag if its more than you feel you can handle.
    Another hint don't take your guitar in with you when you first go in always make it look like a trade is a second choice.
    Last edited by straycat; 01-02-2007, 02:16 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Should I ask upfront if I can trade it? (and btw, the case was optional I've got a Jackson gig bag.
      It's 2:43am over here, I'm off to sleep.
      Last edited by Mario8672; 01-02-2007, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Regardless of the List price, stores will not pay you that. They'll gladly CHARGE you that much, but when you sell it back to them, they will not offer more than they can buy a new one for (and they do not pay $1000+ for them). They do not care about the upgrades, or the optional accessories, because they can buy the whole bundle brand new for "dealer cost", which is a whoooooole lot less than what they sold it for, and about twice as much as they'll give you for it.

Pawn Shops are the worst, though, so don't even go there.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wait a little bit when you get out of the junior member status and try to sell it here... on the classifield section ..
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
            Wait a little bit when you get out of the junior member status and try to sell it here... on the classifield section ..
            I've heard horror stories....
            DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

I found someone who'll buy it for 1100$ (canadian) which = $934 USD, he gets the EMGs, new schaller nut, new trem bar, gig back and it'll be set up/cleaned before he buys it, considering all of this and the fact that it's mint condition, it seems a pretty balenced deal. iunno

Comment

$934 wow i guess you can really sweet talk....
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Sweet talkin' or not, that sounds like a decent sale. Very nice work!
                  DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X