No announcement yet.

SL2HT or SLSMG ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K guys just got off the scale. L.O.L. Remember this is from digital bathroom scale. SLS 6.5lbs SLATQH 6.5lbs SLSMG 6.5lbs. I thought that they were all about the same but wow not that close. BTW all 3 guitars have mahogany necks. SLS and SLATQ are Mah. quarter sawn. SLS is listed as just mahogany.
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Geez, 6.5lbs? Don't say that too loud. This is from the limited edition Camo-Subs saga:

"They were also quoted/priced with lightweight premium alder bodys and I'm told the weight is 8.5 pounds ."

Even if your scales are not accurate (or zeroed), it is interesting that they're all came in at the same weight.

BTW, your set of guitars is a great collection of non-standard soloists. Not least of all because you can't get any of them new anymore.

Out of interest, were you ever tempted by a sweetone? It's the only non-traditional soloist that I can think of that you don't have. There's something about a guitar with spruce wings that just seems right....

Comment

They are the same weight? Well, I guess the scale is not sensitive enough. Since a bathroom scale is usually used to measure hundreds of pounds, it will not be very sensitive to 1 or 2 lb differences is my guess. But spencer, if you hold the slatqh in one hand and the "super-lightweight" slsmg in the other, can you make out the difference at all?
        Sam

Comment

Out of interest, were you ever tempted by a sweetone? It's the only non-traditional soloist that I can think of that you don't have. There's something about a guitar with spruce wings that just seems right....[/QUOTE]

Yes I do want to get a couple of the sweetones at some point. The bent top 2 humbucker especially. May also try and get a SLATQM. The model with the mini humbuckers.
          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
            They are the same weight? Well, I guess the scale is not sensitive enough. Since a bathroom scale is usually used to measure hundreds of pounds, it will not be very sensitive to 1 or 2 lb differences is my guess. But spencer, if you hold the slatqh in one hand and the "super-lightweight" slsmg in the other, can you make out the difference at all?
            I tried that after the weigh in. LOL. They are really close.
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

Yes...

Comment

Working...
              X