DxMGT to whom ever it was that said it could replace an HX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DxMGT to whom ever it was that said it could replace an HX

Whoever it was that suggested i try one to replace my long lost HX..I gave it a shot!

Picked up one at a local pawn and its just not what I had hoped ahh the serach continues!

Stray may have found something for me till then I scower the net once again searching for it lol.

Dont know what it is about that axe but I just miss it!

Oh and yes it "could have" replaced the HX but lol its not a fit for replacement..Figured id beat ya all to that answer lol
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Its probably the neck. Those offset dot dinky necks from the professional series just feel a little different. The rest of it except for the direct mounted pups is pretty much the same. Im assuming that you liked the stock pups in the HX and its a "feel" thing that you cant get from the MG. Maybe you could build your own. Find an MG body and get an offset dot professional series neck off ebay. Is it possible that the MG in the pawn shop was set up terribly with old crusty strings and such? Maybe it wasnt a fair comparison.

Comment

lol no dont think so being that its sitting behind me and I set it all up as i do with all my axes lol.. This ones outta here soon lol.

And maybe its an idea who knows Stray is lookin into an HX for me tomorrow!
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

Congrats on 100
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I hope I can swing a deal for Chris and get him an HX.We will have to wait and see, all I can do is try.I am lucky when it comes to finding Jacksons & Charvels.Wish me and Chris luck.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The offset-dot Dinky neck I had (from one of those Fleckstone Dinkys) did have a very different backshape from any other Dinky I've had - it was more rounded at the edges like the San Dimas-era "flatspot" neck profile.

It also felt wider because of the rounded edges. I played a real ESP Kamikaze and the neck backshape on that was identical to the Dinky neck.

Not sure of the fretboard radius, though. I kow the JTX has a flatter radius than the DK2 (or at least it feels that way), but I'll stop just shy of saying the offset-dot necks have a flatter radius as well.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The off set dot necks seem to me to be the cream of the crop for 90's Jackson necks.The rosewood OD necks are just a little bigger than the maple/maple OD's.The M/M necks are the best of the best.

Comment

I love my DXMGT....but good luck with your search!!!!

Comment

Well no dice for Chris the HX was gone.So the hunt continues.........

Comment

Gets sniper rifle. Runs down the streets of Denver searching pawn shops for the elusive Dinky HX......

You can find me hiding behind light poles and power boxes with urban assault camo on lol.
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                      Gets sniper rifle. Runs down the streets of Denver searching pawn shops for the elusive Dinky HX......

You can find me hiding behind light poles and power boxes with urban assault camo on lol.
                      Will you be getting your HX refinished to Urban Assault Camo too? That way, when you're hunting for guitars in the future, you can keep one with you!

Comment

Wait i saw a post in eabay section about that lol
                        Haters gonna hate

Comment

I am going to get an AR-15 rifle duracoated in the Vietnam Ranger tiger stripe camo soon so I WILL be hiding in the bushed looking for the elusive HX

Comment

Working...
                          X