No announcement yet.

Can You Identify My Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, thank you for the explanation of the guitar player's lingo...

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
      My PS3 was MIJ and came with a JT500. My JT500 came with a screw in arm, not a collarred one.
      I think thats a jt-500 that the whole lug that the arm screws into unscrewed from the baseplate. That happened on my ps-4 and I replaced the whole arm assembly with the schaller type assembly and arm from stew-mac. It worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
        I think thats a jt-500 that the whole lug that the arm screws into unscrewed from the baseplate. That happened on my ps-4 and I replaced the whole arm assembly with the schaller type assembly and arm from stew-mac. It worked great.
        Good info!
        Did that mod involve any toolwork? If not, I would definitely recommend going that route. It's an inexpensive solution, and it would give you an easier time adjusting the tension to your taste.

Comment

No toolwork, The new lug doesnt press in like its designed to but once you tighten the allen screw on the bottom it stays tight no problem. I got the idea from the sticky in the tech section. Scroll down a bunch and you will see an original floyd get modded like this. It also states that you can do this mod on other Jackson trems. I have a jt-6 that is modded like this and the jt-500 (long gone) was done like that as well.

Comment

i did that on the JT580 on my DX10, and it works great. didnt have to do it on my JT580LP though, i guess the arms being of a different design on the guitars (one with a platic bushing, the other with a metal ring) was the difference. i like the Schaller arm better though...little thicker and angled better. and a great, easy mod!
            My metal band Lucian Scott
            Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
            Available Now!
            New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Serial Number

I have tried to get more information about my guitar using the serial number. However, I have failed to get any information. Also I can't figure out what color mine is. It is too light to look like Cobalt Blue and it is not Trans Blue.

Thank you once again.

Comment

Looks like "Blue" to me.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Actually, I just picked up one of these and was wondering what model it is.
                  Its reverse HS neck, 24 fret, rather modelish beefy profile.. no 'pro' logo with rev sharks.. they look like real MOP.
                  The plate is black w/o inscrption or logo, the tuners are chrome w/o logos and there is no serial to be found anywhere. It has the same trem baseplate as the one pictured.. no logo, chrome fine tuners.
                  The pickups are M214 and M213 and the pots are imports.. small 500k.

It screams India to me..but I have no idea. Looks the same as the one in the pics only flaked red/maroon. Anybody have a more definite idea?

Comment

never mind.

Comment

I just bought a Kelly & a Charvell/Jackson 625c

Comment

Originally posted by Vwboy72 View Post
                        I just bought a Kelly & a Charvell/Jackson 625c

and so it begins

you know you need to start a new thread for each guitar? With detailed pics of course
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                        X