No announcement yet.

Hi, newbie with a new DK2M!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not buy a real Floyd or Schaller trem arm and socket to replace the original? Is the socket removable on this trem?
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

As far as I have heard, the old ones also had issues with the arm working itself loose. A relatively cheap fix is to replace the arm + socket with the OFR equivalents, like Scott here suggests.

Comment

Steve....Welcome and congrats on the great Jackson!!!

Comment

I found a black schaller trem arm and socket through guitarpartsresource for about 18 US dollars. Does anyone know if this would be a direct replacement?
          Here's the link
          http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/guitar_frtrems.htm
          it's in the bottom row, second from the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
            Steve....Welcome and congrats on the great Jackson!!!
            Hey, thanks man Where in PA are ya? I'm going up to westchestermusic this afternoon to pick up the Exp.
            2007 is turning out to be an expensive year for me gearwise and we're not even through January yet!

Comment

Welcome...
              Congrats on the new guitar
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Slick. The white is a classy finish on that guitar.

Comment

Hey man, we just had a tread on the Super III. It is the same as a SD but with the treble rolled back a bit, I like them for trem guitars. It comes standard in the PC1. If you like alot of treble then I would try a regular SD like you had in your LP or maybe a Tonezone. Nice guitar man!
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by stevearino View Post
                    I was thinking maybe a drop of crazy glue on the threads would probably do it, but there might come a time when I might need to take the arm off lol.
                    Over 10 years ago, someone from Carvin told me about adding a drop of crazy glue to the threads would also work, but I never did that.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                      Hey man, we just had a tread on the Super III. It is the same as a SD but with the treble rolled back a bit, I like them for trem guitars. It comes standard in the PC1. If you like alot of treble then I would try a regular SD like you had in your LP or maybe a Tonezone. Nice guitar man!
                      Okay cool. Sounds like the pickup for bright guitars. I might have to try one out in my Kramer 1984. Thanks!

toejam - I'm a little hesitant to do that myself.

Thanks again everyone for the welcomes and congrats. Well, I just got back from westchester. I ALMOST got the RR5(ivory w/pinstripes), but ended up with the Cherry 76RI Explorer. They had the RR5 for 1,000.
                      Here's the deal, my wife is expecting twins over the summer(late July), so I might be able to coerce her into me getting an RR1 or an SL1 by the end of the summer. You know, kinda like compensation for the twins.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                        Still love mine, with Dimarzio Super III! Great guitar for the money, needs an OFR though. Keeper!

This is the pic that basically pushed me over the edge! Ordered a DK2M in Black today for myself!!!!!!

Comment

hey, that's a cobalt blue dk2m right?
                          what about a dk2m in trans blue?i haven't seen any transblue pics..
                          -We Who Are Not As others!!!!-
                          http://www.myspace.com/meditaband
                          http://www.myspace.com/mfatihercan

Comment

Comment

Z1n, thanks...oh that's also cool
                              -We Who Are Not As others!!!!-
                              http://www.myspace.com/meditaband
                              http://www.myspace.com/mfatihercan

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
                                This is the pic that basically pushed me over the edge! Ordered a DK2M in Black today for myself!!!!!!

Nice man, you'll love it!
                                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                                X