Jackson virgin no more!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson virgin no more!!!

Well, I finally got the Soloist PRO. Couple of dings here and there but it's in really good shape. Man, does this have a thin neck! I only played it for about five minutes but it seems comfortable to me so far. It's got some heft to it as well, feels solid.

I had it shipped to my work because I didn't want to miss it. However, I forgot I would be off for a few days, painting the house, and it was sitting there in the box 'til I got in today. Needless to say I've been really stressed the last couple days, and probably missed a few spots on the walls! Thanks again to all who helped me out with this one!

Anyway, I can't wait to play it tonight. I'm anxious to hear the pickups in this thing. I'll let you know how the sound test goes. In the meantime, here's some pics:

Last edited by usrname; 01-12-2007, 10:18 AM.
    Cheers!

Nice axe! And another 1995 PRO series guitar . Is it just me or are the string locking bolts on floyd sticking over the floyd route? That's not a good thing if you use the whammy bar a lot...

Comment

sweet colour!
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        Nice axe! And another 1995 PRO series guitar . Is it just me or are the string locking bolts on floyd sticking over the floyd route? That's not a good thing if you use the whammy bar a lot...
        Yeah, the original Schaller was upgraded with an OFR, but the route doesn't match. I'll have to wait 'til I get it set up to see how the much the bolts stick out after intonation. I really don't use it that much, so not being able to pull up isn't a problem.
        Cheers!

Comment

I've always wondered if schaller type locking screws would fit ofr saddles. If so, you can easily install them and be done with that problem!

LINKAGE
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I don't know how many guitars I've worked on where people have set the string saddles all the same.Then they wonder why the higher up they fret the more out of tune they get.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd like to know this, too. I have the same problem on one of my guitars.

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
              I've always wondered if schaller type locking screws would fit ofr saddles. If so, you can easily install them and be done with that problem!

LINKAGE
              P.S. Nice axe, by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                I'd like to know this, too. I have the same problem on one of my guitars.

From the looks of it, the part that enters the saddle is the same on both screws but I should try it

Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

thats a hot axe you have there
                  my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Guys, the FAT Schaller bolt won't fit through the rectangular slot on the OFR. Haven't you read this? You disappoint me
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Great soloist !!

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                        Guys, the FAT Schaller bolt won't fit through the rectangular slot on the OFR. Haven't you read this? You disappoint me

What's our punishment ?
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

You should wear a fat Schaller bolt up your ass for a week. Should I ship some to Turkey?
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Great guitar...Congrats on that one
                            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Thanks for the congrats guys. I can't wait to hear it tonight! Does anyone know much about the J-50M humbucker? This is what the catalogue says is in there, but I haven't seen as much info on it as the J-50B, BC, N, etc.
                              Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X