Jackson virgin no more!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
    You should wear a fat Schaller bolt up your ass for a week. Should I ship some to Turkey?
    :ROTF::ROTF: Do you have any idea if the fat bolts will fit thru the rectangular "slot" on Norton? Well, I didn't ask for punishment

Henrik any alternative ways to fit an ofr into a smaller route??
    Last edited by NextInLine; 01-12-2007, 06:59 PM.
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

You guys crack me up .

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
        Do you have any idea if the fat bolts will fit thru the rectangular "slot" on Norton?
        You mean his rectum slot?

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
        Henrik any alternative ways to fit an ofr into a smaller route??
        No other than to have a machinist shorten the existing long bolts and hope that they are long enough to achive correct intonation wrt. saddle position. Looking at many OFR's and the very long locking bolts, I'd say it's possible. Just look at the excessive length on most of these bolts:

Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

usrname, please fill us in where the saddles end up when you get the bridge intonated.
          Henrik

Comment

usrname, please fill us in where the saddles end up when you get the bridge intonated.
            I can already tell that they are going to extend past the route. I was playing with the trem last night, and the whole time I was worried about hitting the body with the bolts. They were right on the edge of the route...pull up just a bit and there goes the paint!

I'm seriously thinking about getting the proper Schaller bridge for it. I would probably trade or sell the OFR, which shouldn't be a problem because it looks like new. Are they still available somewhere or is there a direct replacement that Schaller makes with a different part number?
            Last edited by usrname; 01-13-2007, 01:31 PM.
            Cheers!

Comment

I did change the HB to a Duncan Distortion. I didn't care for the stock one, which turns out was a J-50BC. The specs in the scan show a J-50M.???

I'm not thrilled with the neck pup either. Any suggestions? Maybe the active circuit is affecting the tone? I'm thinking about disconnecting the mid-boost and getting a 500k and 250k pots for the volume and tone controls. I think those are the ususal passive parts, right?
              Cheers!

Comment

Just a short note: I don't fancy the sound of the active electronics, especially when trying to get a good tight metal chugga chugga sound. It's muddy to my ears. I always pull it and put in some new pickups.
                Henrik

Comment

Just a short note: I don't fancy the sound of the active electronics, especially when trying to get a good tight metal chugga chugga sound. It's muddy to my ears. I always pull it and put in some new pickups.
                  My thoughts exactly!
                  Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X