It's Finally Here... Trans Blue DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
    Natural lighting is the biggest factor in taking good photos, IMHO.
    A resounding +1.

Comment

Awesome guitar man! I also never liked the JB and when I first plugged in, it was confirming my past thoughts. However, I checked it out closer and found it to be pretty close to the strings. Once I lowered it a bit, it really came to life. I don't think I will be replacing it in this guitar.
      I found the maple board to be identical in feel to my 1984. It probably has just a tung oil coat on it. Very fast neck though.
      Congrats!

Comment

Nice score, I play mine all the time!
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I would be happy to take another photo from the side tomorrow, when the sun is shining again.
          Thank you kindly good sir.

Natural lighting is the biggest factor in taking good photos, IMHO.
          In my case, the number one factor in good photography is my better-half agreeing to take the pictures for me!

Comment

I decided to get the transparent green back... like on USA models.

And this photo is a typical example of NO natural lighting (and lacking skills )
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

HOT!!!
              my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Thanks for all of the compliments, guys

Shadowcat-

I think that trans finishes on the back are crucial for neck through guitars, to show off the construction thereof. Good choice, my man

Ken-

Here are the photos as promised.

As you can see, the blue to black transition at the top/side of the guitar is not gradual, but sudden.

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Sweet bro If they make these in a 1 hum model, I am in Jack.

Comment

Great pics

Jack
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Slayer-

1 hum and medium scale, right?

Ron-

I made sure to include a pic of the whole guitar, to make sure you wouldn't complain :ROTF:
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Sorry guys, I just don`t use neck pickups and love the look of 1 Hum guitars As for the scale length, 25.5 isn`t bad, but I would rather have the 24.75 scale. Hell, I only use 9-42 strings regardless of the scale length they are on Jack.

Comment

WE KNOW
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Another JCF DK2M owner, congrats QR. Great pics man, the guitar looks stunning.

I was wondering about the brick wall (bear with me)... that's not a true brick wall, is it? I've never seen such a perfect looking (but non-bonded?) brick wall before - I'm just curious.

I'm diagnosed with Construction Material Fetich Syndrome, sorry!
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Shadowcat-

I think that trans finishes on the back are crucial for neck through guitars, to show off the construction thereof. Good choice, my man
                              I'm with QuantumRider on this one. In fact, as your RR's neck in maple and the wings are mahogany, that's the most obvious neck-thru Jackson (Stars!) I've ever seen. Looks great.

As you can see, the blue to black transition at the top/side of the guitar is not gradual, but sudden.
                              Thanks for the great pictures. Even though it's a sharp transition, it looks "natural", for want of a better word. Lovely guitar. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                WE KNOW
                                Ron now refers to himself as a plural entity.

Comment

Working...
                                X