Heavily Considering the RR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavily Considering the RR5

ok, right now, I have decided that I may drop my whole floyd infatuation and get a guitar with a tune o matic bridge just so that I have a guitar that's lower maintenance. and I am really dead set on getting a RR5 and something's weird about the KBRR to me, so I'm not ruling it out, just kinda setting it aside. I'm thinking the RR5 in Trans Red just like Mark Morton's in the "Ruin" video. I refuse to use ebay or any other thing of that type, so unless I actually find and talk to a person selling a USA model RR outside of one of these corporations, I will not buy anything used, and even then will be slightly reluctant. Better safe than sorry.

Before reading this next question, keep in mind that I have searched the forums, but haven't found too many straightforward answers... How are RR5's? Any pics in trans red?
    "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
    Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
    Dimebag Darrell
    Chuck Schuldiner
    Cliff Burton

RR5s are great. I owned one, and loved it. I got an RR1T, so I sold the RR5. I regret that decision.

I put a Duncan Jazz in the neck position, bought some gold pickup rings for it, and a RR truss rod cover from www.fretsonthenet.com. It was gorgeous, and I wish I still had it.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I did have one and it played great. If you want a floyed rhoads you may want to wait to see the new 24fret rhoads that is supposed to be announced at NAMM.

Comment

There is a white with black pinstripe RR5 at a music store in West Chester PA. Kind of a haul for you though. But I believe they do ship also.
        Here is the link to it. http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/Gea...x?Item=1546566
        The close up pic makes it look like the gold control cover is worn, but I saw it personally and it didn't have any blemishes. I almost got this over the Explorer, but I was really jonsing for an Explorer as I've had 3 before and can't stay away from them. lol I WON'T stupidly sell this one though! haha!
        I posted this just in case you were open to other colors.

Forgot to add, I was quoted a great price on it. Much less than they sell for at the big online retailers.
        Last edited by stevearino; 01-14-2007, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I have one now.. yellow bevels.. theyre awesome players.. and balances perfect. The neck is IMO to die for. If u really want a fixed bridge.. go for it.
          äss howl

Comment

anyone have a trans red? how do they look in real life? pics?

R.I.P.
            Dimebag Darrell
            Chuck Schuldiner
            Cliff Burton

Comment

I'm seeing upclose pics of the black one, and it looks pretty damn sweet... I think that I prefer gold on black over red on black...

R.I.P.
              Dimebag Darrell
              Chuck Schuldiner
              Cliff Burton

Comment

I saw one in the natural finish and it was gorgeous - the only finish I would consider getting one in because of the gold hardware. But it made me want one.
                ColinMmmmm

Comment

Well, I have an RR24 in white with black bv, and it's great, I wouldnt trade it for anything, But I am deffinately considering an all black RR5 because I love Randy Rhoads, and he had a white one with black PS, and his Ivory Les paul, I have a variation of those, he also had the polkadot V, but I think that looked kinda gay, but the black RR5 is closest to the last guitar he got from grover, not the one that didnt make it that sean clegg had, but the one randy actually received and is in a few shots in guitar world, its all black and has a very short wing compared to the white one, its the actual length of every RR nowdays.
                  As for the mark morton comment. I dont believe it was Transred, but actually TobaccoSunburst in a transparent. Dont believe me, either check out the guitar world with their interview or look at this picture

It took me about half an hour to find this picture on the web, but I do have the actual guitar world that it is out of, and it has a second shot of him holding that guitar and it looks fairly trans tobacco sunburst to me. So yeah, thats pretty well it. Good luck. I'd say give Ebay a try, its really not bad, I dont mind if, plus you could get an RR5 for about 500 bucks.
                  www.myspace.com/memnochband
                  www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

That tobacco burst looks really cool. You don't see many RR5's outside the normal white and black colour schemes. That guitar needs binding though. It looks incomplete to me. Still a really cool axe, go for it!
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I have an RR5 and a KBRR the RR5 is a great guitar much more versitile and the neck is great the KBRRs stock pickup isn't as great as the JB in the RR5 and its basically a metal guitar with the single pu and pentagram inlays. so it all depends on what you want . but the RR5 is a great guitar

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
                        As for the mark morton comment. I dont believe it was Transred, but actually TobaccoSunburst in a transparent. Dont believe me, either check out the guitar world with their interview or look at this picture
                        I always thought it was trans red, but it's actually violin brown.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X