Loose trem arm on DK2M, update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose trem arm on DK2M, update

Some might remember I said in my original post about my DK2M, that it had a trem arm that would always loosen up after a couple of trem arm uses. Today, I replaced the arm and socket with a Schaller Retro-Trem Arm(comes with the arm and the socket) from guitarpartsresource and after many dive bombs, pull-ups, and general all around bangin on it , it is still tight. Hasn't come loose yet. So if anyone else has this problem and it is buggin them, for 18 bucks, it appears the Schaller trem arm assembly just might do the trick.
    Thanks to those that suggested a new arm and socket might fix it. Cause it did. I did try the teflon tape and dental floss, but the arm still worked it's way loose on mine.
    Steve

I've had that problem on every JT580-LP I've ever used. For some reason the JT590 stays tight.
    Scott

Comment

Hmmm, that's weird. I do remember some people having trouble with their liscensed floyds on their Deans too. What guitars have the JT590? I'm lovin this DK so much more now that the arm is tight. I thought about replacing it with an Original FR, but I'm glad I didn't. I saved myself 200 bucks by just replacing the arm and socket.

Comment

The JT-590 is essentially a Schaller Floyd, and it was actually made by Schaller...in Germany...so that the bar stays put on those isn't much of a mystery.

The 590 came on high end J/C imports from around 1989 to some time in the mid 90's. I have one on my 1989 Charvel 750XL, and it still works great. The bar is tight too!

Comment

i've just seen a couple of these arms on ebay, all of which look no different from the trem i have on my jt580. is there any way i tell which is the real deal? or do i just hit the BIN and hope for the best?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My 580 lp has the screw in arm so not a problem.Its a 93 and just as good as a floyd IMO.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              i've just seen a couple of these arms on ebay, all of which look no different from the trem i have on my jt580. is there any way i tell which is the real deal? or do i just hit the BIN and hope for the best?
              I dont know if the ones on ebay have the socket too. The ones Ive seen dont. I dont know if just replacing the arm will solve the problem.

Comment

My DK2M has the exact same problem. Thanks for the info - I'll order the parts tomorrow.
                "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  Try to find a Schaller Retro Trem Arm with socket set maybe at a local music store. The place I bought mine from is in the US so even if they did ship to UK by the time all the fees are said and done, it'll probably end up being around 30 or so US dollars. I'll try to find an actual part number.
                  In the mean time, try allparts.uk.com Actually, this one here, might be it.
                  http://www.allparts.uk.com/catalogue...ducts_id=10109
                  Pete - No problem. It definately makes my DK2M more fun to play.

Comment

thanks. i'll check with my local retailer. trying to get thru to allparts is a ballache.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

You can also get them through www.guitarpartsdepot.com and www.stewmac.com
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

On my Pro Series RR-3 the JT580-LP stays always tight...
                        When playing normal...But, when I do just dive-bombs and
                        all that crazy whammy bar stuff it loosens a little but, it takes
                        really a lot of that shit...
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I'm quite interested in making this change, is it easy to do? And it will stop me having a trem arm that swings uselessly out of the way when I want to use it? Will it improve ability to 'flutter', cos that just about my favourite thing you can do with a Floyd Rose, and I'm not having much luck with it on the DK2M!

Comment

my DK2 had that problem, i oiled the end of the trem bar and socket and it was perfect
                            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I had this problem on my Inferno red DK2M. I found that Guitar Center gave me the WRONG BAR. The actual Guitar Department manager Just gave me what he found in a drawer that was black & Screwed on. When I got it home and used it, it would loosen up right away. So I took the bad bar back, and the New Guitar Dept. Manager gave me a replacement. It's all just a matter of the store giving you the right bar.
                              http://www.facebook.com/djloverboy

Comment

Working...
                              X