Please Help Identify This Guitar:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Identify This Guitar:

I have a guitar that I purchased used for $800.00 at guitar center about a year ago and I still haven't been able to find out what year it is. I've called several places about the serial code and I can't find it anywhere. I know that it's a japanese model cause it says professional but I don't know what year it is or how much it's worth. It says professional and xl on the headstock. Here are some pics and the serial is j502521

The trus rod cover says Soloist XL. The first listing I can find is the 1992 catalog:

but those pics don't have anything written on the trus rod.

Here's the 1993 catalog (I think the pics are swapped, I think the black one is really the XL, not the white):

Since yours has 2 knobs matching the pic in the 1994-5 catalog (and based on the J5xxxxx, I'm thinking yours is from '94-'95):

In 1996, they switched over to using the SLx names.

Catalog pics courtesy of Henrik

Comment

Going by the serial I agree , it is a 1995 model. It is the middle of the line up as the top of the line had ebony and real Schaller trem . The entry model had dots and rosewood . As far a valve 400-500 tops , IMO for a mint version. The ebony boarded version are more sought after and usally go for no more than $700.00 or so.
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

$800 damn, i think you overpaid
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
          $800 damn, i think you overpaid
          I think the "at Guitar Center" kinda sums that up!

As an example of their pricing, in the Palmdale GC, there's a Charvel 375 (or something close to a 375)that's been there for a year with a $699 tag on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RonJones88 View Post
            the serial is j502521

Cool Soloist, the first 5 indicates 1995.

Welcome, Ron.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Don't bother, Ron, he's already listed it on Ebay
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well as stated I had it strung lefty and its a righ handed guitar so im selling it and buying another jackson a real lefty.

Comment

YOU'RE WELCOME
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

As a matter of etiquette, it's rude to remind someone they're being rude.

So it seems I've just put myself in an ironic feedback loop
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      YOU'RE WELCOME
                      :ROTF: :ROTF:
                      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        As a matter of etiquette, it's rude to remind someone they're being rude.

So it seems I've just put myself in an ironic feedback loop
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Thankyou everyone for the help, much appreciated! I looked everywhere but apparently this was the right place, thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                          X