Ps4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps4

Found a metallic violet 96 PS4 today original pickupsJ-70 neck and bridge and J137 middle I think? Jt-500 trem not the greatest trem but works flawlessly.
    Getting an rsguitarworks pot upgrade kit soon.
    The neck is to die for very thin and fast, offset dots on a nicely figured rosewood board.
    Last edited by straycat; 01-19-2007, 09:00 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

The necks on those are killer. Nice score!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I'm playing the shit out of it right now and this neck is nice.Only had to recrown the second fret.The pots are crap but hell its a cheap guitar.

Comment

I was checking one out at the local music store and I really liked it except the floyd nut had the high e string "cut" high which doesn't make sense but it was nice (wierd looking though)

Comment

What do you mean by cut high?

Comment

You could file it to the proper height no problem.I have to say the J-70 neck and bridge pickups leave a lot to be desired as far as the J series goes.Kind of fizzie and noisey even after the pot upgrade kit.The J 137 single coil is ok.These pickups just cant take a lot of gain but do sound ok on the clean channel.I may just kep this one for the neck I feel a project coming on.

Comment

Yeah, I put "cut" in quotes because I don't believe (although I don't know) those are cut like bone nuts.

I don't know if they are molded or what, but this particular one had the high E noticable higher and it wasn't just the whole nut put in wrong, it was just the slot for the high E. You would have to file the slot and then the shelf that the clamp sits on.

I would have bought it in a second otherwise, neck was awsome and I abused the trem for 30 min and it stayed in tune, although I know those trems aren't that durable. Plus HSH is the best even though it's ugly!

Comment

Someone may have shimmed the floyd nut on the bass side

Comment

Well, the rest of the slots followed the radius of the neck, except the high E, I know it sounds unbelievable. Maybe someone with a knowledge of metalwork would know how that could happen. Anyway those are really nice guitars.

Comment

Well a floyd nut is a cast part and maybe it was never finished properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X